SOLVED

Cannot verify Java in my PC by Edge Browser(Chromium based) stable

Copper Contributor

Hello everyone,

Everyone knows that Java is very helpful in every system, Java is very helpful for many government and business related website.

I am using Windows 10 64 bit November Update 2019, my problem is Internet Explorer can successfully verify Java installation, Edge doesn't, but Edge is only Chromium based browser that support internet explorer mode.Java verification in Internet ExplorerJava verification in Internet ExplorerJava verification in Microsoft Edge(stable version) 64 bitJava verification in Microsoft Edge(stable version) 64 bit

11 Replies

@Gaurav_Sahare 

Edge as a Chromium-based browser no longer supports this technology

https://www.java.com/en/download/faq/chrome.xml

@msekmfb1  I agree that pure Chromium no longer support this technology, but Microsoft still working in Internet Explorer(IE) mode(I read in description then I said), that means Microsoft can remove old Internet Explorer in future, but what will happen if Internet Explorer removed and this technology still run? I asked this because some specific websites only work better with Internet Explorer.

Hi,
which websites work better with Internet explorer? any examples?

edit: public websites, not internals with lazy developers using stone age web technologies.

@Gaurav_Sahare Internet Explorer will never be removed from Windows.

IE Mode is disabled in your Edge, so you cannot run Java applets.

msekmfb1_0-1582100176241.png

Make sure IE Mode is enabled and try again with https://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp:

j.png

in 10 or so, IE will be removed, when the developers finally come to their senses and actually start updating their sites. nothing lasts forever :)

@HotCakeX Many thanks for interest, I am not expert in Java and Internet Explorer, also I am not sure but every Windows laptop manufacturer using this in case of driver installation from manufacturer website, Ex:- I am using Lenovo 81-MT, internet explorer can automatically identify driver updates for my laptop from official Lenovo driver website. but other browsers cannot detect automatically, I am not sure that java helps in this site, but it's done in IE only.

Also some government department websites(in India) still using this. You can better investigate by search engines.

@msekmfb1 Please tell me how to enable this, I am trying but showing only security report.

Screenshot (21).png

best response confirmed by Gaurav_Sahare (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Gaurav_Sahare You have two ways:

1) Setup the group policies and put there list of websites should be automatically open in the IE Mode.

2) In edge://flags enable these flags:

msekmfb1_0-1582120466823.png

Launch Edge with the argument --ie-mode-test

You can add this flag editing the Edge shortcut, i.e. 

msekmfb1_1-1582120597226.png

Click here

msekmfb1_0-1582120744710.png

Finally, you'll get an IE tab

msekmfb1_1-1582120789690.png

@Gaurav_Sahare 

Spoiler

@Gaurav_Sahare wrote:

@HotCakeX Many thanks for interest, I am not expert in Java and Internet Explorer, also I am not sure but every Windows laptop manufacturer using this in case of driver installation from manufacturer website, Ex:- I am using Lenovo 81-MT, internet explorer can automatically identify driver updates for my laptop from official Lenovo driver website. but other browsers cannot detect automatically, I am not sure that java helps in this site, but it's done in IE only.

Also some government department websites(in India) still using this. You can better investigate by search engines.

Yeah that's problem of that Lenovo website. they are relying on old technology.

websites like that need some kind of hook in the OS to attach to it and gather more information.

Intel for example has automatic detection too but the user needs to install a small program in order for that website to detect hardware.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

AMD does the same:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-driver-autodetect

Java is a security nightmare like Adobe flash. even Java installer is a security risk

Many many thanks to both @msekmfb1  and @HotCakeX to finally solve this problem. Your provided solutions are accurate. Group Policy is very helpful for Pro and Enterprise users, since Group Policy is not available in Home Edition, so flag menu and shortcut command working without any security risks. Also successfully verified Java installation by Edge browser.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Gaurav_Sahare (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Gaurav_Sahare You have two ways:

1) Setup the group policies and put there list of websites should be automatically open in the IE Mode.

2) In edge://flags enable these flags:

msekmfb1_0-1582120466823.png

Launch Edge with the argument --ie-mode-test

You can add this flag editing the Edge shortcut, i.e. 

msekmfb1_1-1582120597226.png

Click here

msekmfb1_0-1582120744710.png

Finally, you'll get an IE tab

msekmfb1_1-1582120789690.png

View solution in original post