SOLVED

Cannot Sync on macOS

Copper Contributor

I know they haven't been officially released yet, but is sync functioning on macOS? I can login with a @hotmail address, but am not able to sync bookmarks on both Dev and Canary.

Anyone else experiencing this?

10 Replies
best response confirmed by tpaladin (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@tpaladin as you noticed, Microsoft Edge on macOS has not reached Canary yet.  There are a small number of issues that we are fixing before we feel confident in releasing it.  Thank you for jumping on the macOS builds as soon as they leaked, but until we officially release I cannot comment on the feature status.  Thank you and be patient, it;s coming soon.

Same here. I've imported my Safari bookmarks into Edge but they won't sync.

@Elliot Kirk it doesn't sync on the official Canary build (released earlier today) either. It also doesn't show my avatar in the circle.

@CodeDJ I am having the same issue. I signed out of my account and back in - now my avatar displays correctly but "Not Syncing" is still present in big annoying red letters. Wouldn't mind so much about it not syncing (it's Canary branch, I expect stuff to break) but the size and colour of the warning is a little obnoxious.

The "Not Syncing" issue appears to fixed in the build 168 (Edge CAN)

Yep, just updated and seems to work. I did have to sign out and back in again first though.

Thanks for the heads-up.

@hosser yes, it shows the avatar and syncs now. Looks like this may be the reason why they didn't release the dev channel. Hopefully it will come out later tonight. Thanks!

Update: spoke too soon. It syncs, but after closing and opening the browser, see Not Syncing in red. I am on 76.0.168.0. See the avatar though which is progress.

Hmm, yeah I don't know about that because it did sync initially for me when it was first released so I don't think that's the bug holding up the Dev channel. I'm not closing my browser for the moment then!
Yes, the fix is still flaky. We still need to sign out and sign back in when the browser restarted.

@Peter_Dinh @hosser looks like they fixed it in 76.0.173.0. May be earlier but I just noticed it in this build. No more Not Syncing :)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by tpaladin (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@tpaladin as you noticed, Microsoft Edge on macOS has not reached Canary yet.  There are a small number of issues that we are fixing before we feel confident in releasing it.  Thank you for jumping on the macOS builds as soon as they leaked, but until we officially release I cannot comment on the feature status.  Thank you and be patient, it;s coming soon.

View solution in original post