SOLVED

Cannot resize Edge Dev window from top window edge.

Iron Contributor

In Version 85.0.545.0 (Official build) dev (64-bit), I am unable to re-size the window by grabbing the top edge of the window. The pointer never changes to the vertical-double-headed-arrow. I can grab the corners, sides, and bottom edge.

10 Replies

@BoydB 

This behaviour is also seen in Microsoft Edge Canary version 85.0.549.0 

Can reproduce on my Version 85.0.545.0 (Official build) dev (64-bit).

@BoydB 

This also applies to PWA windows. First noticed after installing outlook.com as an app but could not resize the window from the top border.

@BoydB I am having the same issue Version 85.0.545.0 (Official build) dev (64-bit). I use this all the time I hope they get if fixed soon!

Bug still present in build  85.0.552.1
This is a minor issue but really annoying! 

best response
Solution

EDIT:  This bug should be now be fixed, starting in version 85.0.554.0 in Canary. Please let us know if you're still seeing the error after receiving the update.

-----------------------------------

@BoydB @TheShaunSaw @Jussi Palo @Aar0nDev2020  @Marcy Harris (SDM) @NickW-ATI 

Thank you all for reporting this. This is a known issue that our team is looking into, but I'll check in again and let you know the current status.

Fawkes (they/them)
Program Manager & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

Version 94.0.992.14 (Official build) beta (64-bit) on Debian 11
I can't resize Microsoft Edge window. Has this issue been solved?

@bthoven 

I cannot confirm it. Resizing works all the sides.

--
MS Edge Dev 95.0.1000.0-1
Debian Bullseye GNU/Linux 5.10.46-4, X.org 1.20.11, IceWM 2.1.2
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650, Driver 460.91.03, systemd 247 (247.3-6)

Thanks for your reply. After fresh installing and open it, it display full screen and I can't resize its window. I found that I have to place cursor to the top window bar, right click and choose Restore. then the window shrinks down. I can then resize it to my liking. Thanks.

Similar thing just happens with Opera, Edge and Opera have the same fickle mother. I used to keep original browser window sized down and then resized to full screen (if needed, clicking top right square). When it was closed and open again - the old window was opened full screen again and blocked. Clicking F11 two times usually helped switching lock off, but keeping window in full screen mode. The good thing was that I was able then to resize the window again. I must keep in mind, alas, to downsize browser firstly to defined size and only then to close it.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response
Solution

EDIT:  This bug should be now be fixed, starting in version 85.0.554.0 in Canary. Please let us know if you're still seeing the error after receiving the update.

-----------------------------------

@BoydB @TheShaunSaw @Jussi Palo @Aar0nDev2020  @Marcy Harris (SDM) @NickW-ATI 

Thank you all for reporting this. This is a known issue that our team is looking into, but I'll check in again and let you know the current status.

Fawkes (they/them)
Program Manager & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

View solution in original post