SOLVED

Cannot paste into gmail with EDGE since update to Version 84.0.488.1 (Official build) dev (64-bit)

Brass Contributor

Since the update toVersion 84.0.488.1 (Official build) dev (64-bit), I cannot paste anything into the gmail compose email dialog. I frequently copy and paste text, pictures whatever into a new email in gmail. Today after the update to latest edge, I cannot copy and paste anything into gmail. I right click and select paste and nothing happens, neither will ctrl C/V. I restarted edge, restarted windows and could not get anything to paste. I opened internet explorer and pasted things into gmail with it fine.  Anyone else having this issue?

5 Replies

@sirbasku Thanks for letting us know! We have a bug open for this and are actively working on a fix. If you haven't, can you please submit feedback through the browser (Shift + Alt +I) with diagnostic data?

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

I started experiencing this issue with the latest update, as well. From what I can tell, it's only related to Gmail, in all the other web apps using Edge I don't have the issue.

best response confirmed by sirbasku (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@areed1192 and @DTL, thank you for updates. I've confirmed with the team that the fix for this should be coming shortly!

Fawkes (they/them)

That is great to know, thanks for the update! @Deleted 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by sirbasku (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@areed1192 and @DTL, thank you for updates. I've confirmed with the team that the fix for this should be coming shortly!

Fawkes (they/them)

View solution in original post