Canary just shuts down randomly

Iron Contributor

Starting around February 16th, Edge Canary will just out of the blue shut down. Nothing specific causes it. I can open fresh, tell it load previous tabs, browse a minute and bam, everything is closed.

5 Replies
I'm on Beta and the exact thing is happening around the same date (Feb 16 a week ago). Fortunately like in your case, the code that saves the current state and recovers after the crash is very solid but it is crashing like a lot.

It started happening when the (really unwanted in my opinion) large and very white Bing logo on the top right along with a new right-sidebar appeared.

Version 111.0.1661.15 (Official build) beta (64-bit)
{it crashed while I was writing this fortunately I foresaw that and wrote on notepad beforehand}

@DaleRoss 

Please update your instance of the browser to the latest Canary version 112.0.1697.0 and let us know if you're still experiencing this behavior. To run the automatic updater, enter edge://settings/help in the address bar. 

I wonder why I have not been getting update since 112.0.1690.0 ?
Just an FYI, I went from your current version directly to the 1697 release. I'm thinking that the build is still rolling out and hasn't reached all users yet, I recommend waiting a few hours and checking again. Sorry about that!
No, I got the build immediately, these builds are supposed to roll out daily, I wonder how I've missed so many builds.

This build does not resolve the issue.