SOLVED

Canary dialog boxes not showing up

Iron Contributor

Version 99.0.1126.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

If i click on any box to upload a file the dialog box will never show up and Edge is unusable cant go to new tab click anywhere it just beeps.  

The same site and dialog box worked before update and works on Version 96.0.1054.62 (Official build) (64-bit)

7 Replies

Hey there @BumSkull! We released v99.0.1128.0 to Canary this morning, are you still seeing this with that build? If so, what OS and version are you running and are other dialog boxes (for instance, Save As) showing up for you as expected? 

Alex Rowell (she/her)
Community Manager - Microsoft Edge
Discuss Stable features and issues on the answers.microsoft.com forums, join us on Twitter, or join the communities over on Reddit in r/MicrosoftEdge or r/edge

I have installed the latest update but now i can not even open the browser. It just gives STATUS_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION

@Alexandra-R 

I have attempted to uninstall and reinstall canary but no luck still only get the blank page with error STATUS_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION. Settings reports my version as 99.0.1128.0

Thanks for confirming! We're tracking this issue with version 1128 and I'll update you when I have more information to share.
I have the same issue.
best response confirmed by BumSkull (Iron Contributor)
Solution
@Alexandra-R

Edge Canary auto updated this morning to Version 99.0.1131.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit). This version had addressed both issues
That's so great to hear, thank you for letting me know! Happy browsing!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by BumSkull (Iron Contributor)
Solution
@Alexandra-R

Edge Canary auto updated this morning to Version 99.0.1131.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit). This version had addressed both issues

View solution in original post