SOLVED

Canary Crashing after update Version 98.0.1100.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

Silver Contributor

Hey Alexandra, Sorry to report this, but! I started Canary this morning like I always do and eeekkk goes into an immediate not responding state and crashes to desktop. I've uninstalled reinstalled several times, I've uninstalled shut my system completely down for 4 hours, restarted my system, installed Canary and still, immediate not responding, crash to desktop. I cannot even get an inbrowser feedback because it will not run at all.... Canary version 98.0.1100.0 Which is todays update..... Going to try and run that trace to see if it will work....  

Dennis5mile

2 Replies

@Dennis5mile 

Ok, I've finally gotten Canary to run and not crash, but I had to open control panel and select "Change" option and do a repair on Canary. I did this about 10 times before it finally stopped crashing, but now Edge Canary does not seem to update as of today I'm still on Version 98.0.1100.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit), but my Android 11 phone has updated to Version 98.0.1104.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit). What should the latest version of Canary be? I've sent in in-browser feedback with title of "Canary not updating".
I have sent an in-browser feedback with title of "Canary not updating"  on it and other issues that do not matter now as You have given the reason for the issue of not updating.....

Dennis5mile

best response confirmed by Dennis5mile (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Hey Dennis (and anyone else that lands on this thread)

Canary on Windows and Mac have been on 1100 for the last few days as there's a Canary blocking bug the team was working on. Android and iOS didn't have the issue so those have continued updating. 

As you could probably guess based on the past tense, a Canary update went out today. The update started about an hour ago and I think it will get you up and running again in Canary, so keep an eye out for it! If you're still seeing the same crash behavior after the update to 1105, please let me know. 

Alex Rowell (she/her)
Community Manager - Microsoft Edge
Discuss Stable features and issues on the answers.microsoft.com forums, join us on Twitter, or join the communities over on Reddit in r/MicrosoftEdge or r/edge

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Dennis5mile (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Hey Dennis (and anyone else that lands on this thread)

Canary on Windows and Mac have been on 1100 for the last few days as there's a Canary blocking bug the team was working on. Android and iOS didn't have the issue so those have continued updating. 

As you could probably guess based on the past tense, a Canary update went out today. The update started about an hour ago and I think it will get you up and running again in Canary, so keep an eye out for it! If you're still seeing the same crash behavior after the update to 1105, please let me know. 

Alex Rowell (she/her)
Community Manager - Microsoft Edge
Discuss Stable features and issues on the answers.microsoft.com forums, join us on Twitter, or join the communities over on Reddit in r/MicrosoftEdge or r/edge

View solution in original post