Canary & Collections

Silver Contributor

I strongly urge anyone running Canary to enable the Collections flag!  I say this for 2 reasons.  (1) feedback is most welcome & will be SO helpful in finalizing Collections and (2) because it is such a cool & powerful tool.  Likely it will be put to extensive & fruitful use as time lapses. It will probably be appreciated & enjoyed.  Anyway, I do urge Canary Folks to give it a whirl and comment (to the Team).

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

25 Replies

@PhillyTom 

You're welcome, glad to help :smile:

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

Been playing with chrome extension development — which is clearly what this product uses— been able to duplicate what ‘collections’ does in a matter of weeks, so what is to stop others from doing the same, I suggest Microsoft be cognizant that other players will come with some competition, and they have to put their resources to work and convince the web world to embrace ld-json and schematic, .org and then export, and excel, will be worth it. Oh, and awesome move in embracing chrome, brilliant

@Drew1903 A useful feature would be syncing Collections to Mobile Edge on Android (or IOS). Having done research on useful, having them show up in the mobile browser is a must.

@Oystein Johnsen 

Please, submit your thought to Feedback via :smile: or via Edge Insider Support.  Thanks.

Cheers,
Drew
Microsoft_WindowsInsiderProgram_Wallpaper.png

I am excited about the Collections feature but I have a few suggestions:

• The ability to right click on a page and send it to the proper collections folder. This could be accomplished, I think,  by the use of drop down menus. This process would be much simpler than having to open the Collections side bar, scroll down to, and open, the appropriate collection, and then add the page.
  • I would like the ability to customize how the sidebar looks.
    • I would like an option of a compact, text only view that would allow me to see a couple of dozen or more collections at one time rather than the current, on my laptop, six. Pictures are nice but consume a lot of space. I would like the same options within each collection.
    • The ability to sort collections by date, name, etc. This includes the collections list and the list of pages within each collection.
    • The ability to edit the name of saved pages. Similar to what happens when you create a link - the underlying link remains the same but you can put in a more descriptive title.

@Rudy49 

These are some good suggestions, Rudy 2ThumbsUp.png

Cheers,
Drew