SOLVED

Canary 84.0.507.0 #enable-force-dark removed from edge://flags

Brass Contributor

Hello all,

I saw, in the some old Canary versions its removed due to Google's repo bugs but looks like its removed again. Can you check about that bug? Because the dark mode almost working perfect except some minor bugs.

Thanks.

SS:

SypeR_0-1588806097399.png

(Screenshot says in Turkish language:
"Experimental
Available - Unavailable

Force Dark Mode for Web Contents - Its unavailable in your platform.")

10 Replies
I have the same issue. My eyes are burning. Please bring it back.
Absolutely agree, I have been actively using this feature since I first downloaded the Microsoft Edge canary version and it definitely has to come back.

@SypeR  Yes would be great if they could bring it back!
Just wondering whether 'Not available on your platform.' means that there are some platforms its available on and which platforms these would be.

Please, bring it back.

Don't make me go back to Chrome to have the Force Dark Mode.

@RenatoPagan Its works perfectly fine in Chrome Canary 84.0.4143.3. Wonder what was changed in Edge Canary to break it. 

Yeap, I installed the production Edge version and the Force Dark Mode is still there Build 81.0.416.72

Hopefully it is a transient problem in Beta/Canary and will not affect the production version of Edge.

Otherwise I'll need to go back to Chrome...

It's still same on new latest Canary version of Edge Chromium which is has 84.0.513.0 build number. When we used to use dark mode for whole Web, browsing in light mode is feels like a vampire going outside at 12 o'clock. Also we dont want to use any extensions to make it dark again. Because browser ALREADY has that feature, why you're forcing us to make some security holes for some native features?! 

SypeR_0-1589333009838.png

@SypeR 

Hey,

"Force Dark Mode For Web Content" is now available (My Version 84.0.524.0)

forcedarkmodeforwebcontents.png

best response confirmed by SypeR (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@SypeR 

Hey,

"Force Dark Mode for Web Contents" feature is back (this is the version I use 84.0.524.0)

Yes, its back now. My eyes feel better! Thanks.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by SypeR (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@SypeR 

Hey,

"Force Dark Mode for Web Contents" feature is back (this is the version I use 84.0.524.0)

View solution in original post