Can you Please turn THIS into THIS?

MVP

ffffff.png

Merge the options and use the new modern style from the right-side menu.

18 Replies
I am afraid this will be tough to be implemented, since this menu appears in all Win32 as well as even UWP apps.

@Rohit Yadav 

@Rohit Yadav wrote:
I am afraid this will be tough to be implemented, since this menu appears in all Win32 as well as even UWP apps.

I knew someone would say this ;)

You should try Yandex browser, they do exactly what Microsoft should do. also based on Chromium.

https://browser.yandex.com/beta/

1.png

2.png

+1 for this

@HotCakeX And while their at it make the 3 buttons in the top right square like literally every other app instead of rectangular when in fullscreen mode. 

Yes, that should be really easy to do compared to the rest of the feedbacks, not sure why it's not happened yet, i remember this was mentioned couple of months ago too
Speaking of, why on earth doesn't Microsoft use the msstyles API for their own dark mode in Windows?

This used to be a custom menu. I'm not sure why it was changed.
Oh that's interesting, so the new Edge had that custom menu even on toolbar at some point in time?
I believe it was when Chromium made the tab menu worse/cleaner. I think 78? Edge kept the fully featured tab menu but kept the change to using a native menu for the titlebar menu. We could probably find the commit on Gerrit.

@HotCakeX Sir you have right click on wrong place, just click on open tab then you will see your required menu.

what on earth are you talking about. HotCakeX is talking about the STYLE of the menu. and what's with the "sir"?

@silverlion 

@silverlion wrote:

@HotCakeX Sir you have right click on wrong place, just click on open tab then you will see your required menu.

it's not wrong. I'm comparing right-click menu style on individual tabs with the one on Edge toolbar.

Windows 10.

@pneenkoalabear 

@pneenkoalabear wrote:
I believe it was when Chromium made the tab menu worse/cleaner. I think 78? Edge kept the fully featured tab menu but kept the change to using a native menu for the titlebar menu. We could probably find the commit on Gerrit.

Oh, version 78, well good thing is that the Yandex browser is using Chromium version 80 and still managed to keep the custom menu everywhere, I'm sure Edge programmers can do the same :)

Microsoft could even theme that native menu if they wanted. They've said no to consistency on the Windows Forms and WPF GitHub repos (so they probably wouldn't change any pure win32 stuff either). And they aren't even using WinUI for the shell yet.

and to think about the two terrible drop-downs found in Edge (Chromium/Anaheim):
One is the web one (you can find this in edge://flags) and the other is the Edge implemented one (found in settings>appearance, still built with web technologies (I think it's React and it reminds me of Fluent for web but I doubt it is)).
With the "web" one, the hover highlight is grey and it gets stuck. The selected item doesn't stay selected and isn't blue either.
The "Edge implemented" one selects the selected item but it's grey and not blue. They look different to the WinUI one too.
Umm is there any screenshots? :)

I'm assuming you're referring to the dropdowns in Edge.

pneenkoalabear_0-1585181516529.png

pneenkoalabear_1-1585181957275.png

no I'm talking about what I showed in my post above
and you already have a screenshot.
Hmm okay