Can't uninstall and I need to.

Copper Contributor
I have an issue where I cannot open Microsoft edge even though it pops up in my task manager for about 3 seconds. I have tried everything from downloading it a second time as instructed when I looked up the issue, to manually going through the files on my computer to find an alternate way to open the application. I need to use the browser to access information and other applications that I have set up using edge. It was a stupid decision to make it permanently installed on my device and I'm pretty disappointed in the decision making of the people who put this system in place.
1 Reply

@Asylus 

Did you try with another Edge channel, eg Dev or Canary? Let's say you're using stable Edge, download either Dev or Canary version from https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/download/ install and see if it opens. Then close all instances of Edge using the task manager and copy your original Edge user data to the new Edge version. 

Edge: 
C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\<ProfileName> 

Edge Dev: 
C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge Dev\User Data\<ProfileName> 

Edge Canary: 
C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge SxS\User Data\<ProfileName> 

No guarantee, but I had to do it once and it worked for me that way. At least this should do as a temporary workaround until you solved the original problem and give you access to the things you've set up in Edge.