Can't sign-in to Edge on macOS

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I am trying to sign-in to Edge on macOS. I can enter my user name and password (business account) and 2-factor authentication and then I get this message: 

You don't have permission to perform this action or access this resource

Additional pieces of information:

• I CAN log in to this account on Edge for Windows 10, iPadOS and iOS. 
  • I CAN also log in to my personal account on this macOS machine.
  • I CANNOT log in to other accounts on other macOS computers also fail with the same error.

If anyone has any thoughts on how to get this working I'd appreciate it. 

Thanks

Ben

6 Replies

@benkiefel 

i would try:

• from another edge (there are 4 different edge)
  • from another mac user
  • try from another edge profile (so not trying just 2 edge accounts on the same edge profile)
  • after you cleaned 
  • edgesuggestions_0-1604972037281.png

(if you don't need such data) or you can move such folder to desktop and edge recreate all from 0.

if the problem still remains, i would contact microsoft support via chat. i never had such problem. sometimes i have sync problem with google. the only option is to delete the full profile and readd it from 0, or to delete whole library folder (if the same problem is available on multiple profile). you could try from safemode too, but i don't think it will help to fix the problem.

Hmm... Interesting issue. I've never had it.

P.S. There's only such thing as iPad not iPadOS.
Hi Kam,

iPadOS is the operating system for iPad. It was split from iOS a couple of versions ago: https://www.apple.com/au/ipados/ipados-14/

Ben
i wasn't aware of that thanks for the information :), i dont have a mac for test, but if in two day nobody have found i will try on a VM with mac os

@Kam 

@Kam wrote:
Hmm... Interesting issue. I've never had it.

P.S. There's only such thing as iPad not iPadOS.

There IS IpadOS

https://www.apple.com/ipados

please don't comment when you don't know something, it'd be spreading misinformation.

I have the same issue. I'm on BigSur. I've noticed some issues with other apps on this new version of Mac OS too.