Can't Open Discord Web Client

Brass Contributor

Is it just me or other people can't open Discord Web Client this days.

Since I updated to 86.0.59x.0 (Canary), I can't open Discord, but it works perfectly on Chrome and other platforms.

1.png

Ver: 86.0.600.0 (Canary) 64x

6 Replies

@Krisky 

Hi there, you are welcome to the Microsoft Edge Insider Community Hub!

Thanks for reporting the issue here. I would recommend you to send feedback about this bug through the in-app feedback tool in Microsoft Edge (Alt+Shift+I) with the diagnostics attached in order to help the Microsoft Edge dev team to resolve your issue as soon as possible.

Also, I would tell you to contact/send feedback to the discord team about this issue.

@Krisky This is still happening on Canary 86.0.601.0 and now on Dev 86.0.594.1, which was working in the the previous build. I'm gonna report it as well hoping that Edge devs will make the fix for this bug a priority.

Can confirm this bug, the client works on the current non-dev version 84, but does not work for dev version 86

same here, @Krisky its not working at all. even an old arse chrome version opens it.

Screenshot (63).png

@Krisky 

It's a known bug in the latest chromium core, also affecting Chrome Canary. Seems to be related to a change in the SVG engine. They meanwhile fixed it in Chrome Canary v 86.0.4226.0, and according to @josh_bodner (Reply on discord bug) it is already in the merge and will ship with one of the next updates of Edge Dev and Canary.

Chrome bug report: 

https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1108966&q=discord&can=2