Burning white flash on startup!

Copper Contributor

Can we please fix the flashing white screen upon starting Edge? I am using the dark mode but whenever you open the browser or open a new tab there's a white burning flash, this is really bad for your eyes and painful at night. The only work around I found was using the ext WhiteSlash but it doesn't fix the first issue.

8 Replies

@zaku49 

Hi there, you are welcome to the Microsoft Edge Insider Community Hub!

This is an old issue. It happens also in Google Chrome. The white screen appears because the browser starts loading things it needs at the startup but it is a flash for you because your hardware specs are good to do these things in a fraction of a second. It also happens when you are opening a PWA, new tab or visiting the homepage. The Microsoft Edge team is investigating this issue. It would be better if you send feedback through the in-app feedback tool (Alt+Shift+I) in Microsoft Edge with the diagnostics attached which will help the Edge team to resolve this issue as soon as possible. 

@zaku49 

I avoid this problem by changing shortcut properties to start minimized. 

Still happening May 2021. White flashes in a variety of contexts. Jumping to Vivaldi soon if we don't get a fix. Yep it's that annoying. Many posts about it on many sites since at least 2019. I'm a developer myself -- how hard can this be, honestly? 🤦🏻‍

IT IS STILL FLASHED IN AUGUST 2021 windows 11. The problem is 300 years gone in Chrome!!!!
2022 still happening. Not even a dev bug ticket exists. I'll be back next year to report the same byyyyee 🙋‍:male_sign:

This annoying problem still continues. I don't know what you guys are doing to solve this bothering issue....

its 2023 FEB and nobody fixed this!! how hard can this really be?? i swear ive been searching for a fix since 2021
Connected my lap to my 65inch OLED tv in a dark room, i did the mistake of opening microsoft EDGE, i was having a hard time seeing properly for a whole 5 min.