SOLVED

Bulk managing favorites?

Copper Contributor

I'm not sure how/when/why but I've got a bunch of old Favorites in my Edge Insider favorites list. I think they came over from Edge10. That said, we need a better way to bulk-manage favorites. Today, I have to right click and choose "delete" on each and every folder I want to get rid of. One. At. A. Time. This is extremely arduous and time-consuming. I long for the day when Favorites were discoverable in Windows Explorer and I could manage them just like files/folders elsewhere on my system. Is there no way to do this in Edge Insider?

3 Replies
best response confirmed by bc3tech (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@bc3tech 

Hi,
try CTRL + A to select all and do bulk actions on favorites.

I see now the bulk operations must take place on the right-hand side of the UI, which does include folders in the listing. This helps but doesn't necessarily enable all scenarios which a true Explorer-like interface would (e.g. deleting folders/bookmarks inside and outside of other folders in one operation). Thanks for the tip!
You're welcome,
yes the UI needs some improvements but for now you can select all and delete them or move bookmarks to/from folders by drag & dropping them :)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by bc3tech (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@bc3tech 

Hi,
try CTRL + A to select all and do bulk actions on favorites.

View solution in original post