SOLVED

Bug with Edge not changing focus for other apps

Iron Contributor

The last few canary builds have made it where if Edge is in focus when you click anything on the taskbar it will open behind edge with edge keeping focus. 

11 Replies

@derekamoss I second this report. It is really irritating.

@derekamoss  I have experienced same problem in edge dev version and I did report it. But later when I checked it was proper, so I thought maybe some issue from my side. Now when I saw your comment I am happy I reported something valid.

I know this may be silly, but this is the first time I am doing something like this. 

Cheers :smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes:

@aravind_95 

LoL, I don't know how it got fixed in dev build but not canary...

@aravind_95 wrote:

@derekamoss  I have experienced same problem in edge dev version and I did report it. But later when I checked it was proper, so I thought maybe some issue from my side. Now when I saw your comment I am happy I reported something valid.

I know this may be silly, but this is the first time I am doing something like this. 

Cheers :smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes:

@derekamoss I too can confirm this bug exists in the latest Canary build (77.0.211.0)

best response confirmed by derekamoss (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@derekamoss This regression snuck into Edge 77.211 Canary. I expect it to be gone in our next Canary. 

It first landed in Google Chrome Canary (e.g. 77.3837) and was fixed by the developer who landed it the next day. See https://crbug.com/979538.

Confirmed!  Canary Always on Top.  Awful, to the point I'm going to need to suspend my use until fixed. 

Glad to know that I'm not the only one.  Using Edge built into Windows 10 in the meantime.  @derekamoss 

@derekamoss same bug here, 77.0.211.0 (Official build). also drop down menus are not working. i had to change the browser :(

The always on top problem is already solved. if you're on Edge canary, update it.

@derekamoss Fixed in 77.0.213.1.  I updated and everything started working again.

@BTWaukegan 

Yep just updated and all is good now.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by derekamoss (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@derekamoss This regression snuck into Edge 77.211 Canary. I expect it to be gone in our next Canary. 

It first landed in Google Chrome Canary (e.g. 77.3837) and was fixed by the developer who landed it the next day. See https://crbug.com/979538.

View solution in original post