SOLVED

Bug while trying to open Zoom meeting link more than 2 times

Copper Contributor

I found a bug when trying to open the Zoom meeting link more than 2 times in Edge Beta. The browser won't auto prompt for "Open App" windows again after second-time access. However, it was working in Edge Dev version, IE, and Chrome. 

The workaround for this issue currently are:

- Clear cache

- Relaunch browser

- Click the "Click Here" link manually if nothing prompts.

Please find the attached picture for the Zoom "Open App" prompt. Kindly advise and fix it. 

3 Replies
best response confirmed by junztan (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi,
usually what happens is that if a fix is available in a higher Edge version, in your case Dev V80 compared to Beta V79, then you have to wait until Beta is updated and gets the same fix from Dev channel, unless the problem is very severe in which case the developers team release a minor update to the Beta channel as soon as it's ready and won't wait for the normal update cycle of Beta (every 6 weeks).
the same happens between Dev and Canary channels.

you already found a workaround so meanwhile please refrain from clicking on that link twice or use Dev version for that particular meeting app.
I believe you won't be seeing that problem in Canary channel either.

Thanks for your response. You think you may be right. Today i test again in Beta version and don't see the issue anymore. Now it can pop up to launch zoom app with multiple click access already.
You're welcome, yes you might want to stay in Beta for now as it gets more and more stable and bug free while we get closer to the January 15 date :)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by junztan (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi,
usually what happens is that if a fix is available in a higher Edge version, in your case Dev V80 compared to Beta V79, then you have to wait until Beta is updated and gets the same fix from Dev channel, unless the problem is very severe in which case the developers team release a minor update to the Beta channel as soon as it's ready and won't wait for the normal update cycle of Beta (every 6 weeks).
the same happens between Dev and Canary channels.

you already found a workaround so meanwhile please refrain from clicking on that link twice or use Dev version for that particular meeting app.
I believe you won't be seeing that problem in Canary channel either.

View solution in original post