Bug: ‘Search’ non-capitalised in context menu

Iron Contributor

The letter S in ‘Search’ is still non-capitalised in the context menu after reporting it through multiple channels since well before the Stable release. This is not the kind of bug we should have to report when it comes to Microsoft! Where is Microsoft’s quality control at?

The issue seems to apply only to non-US English, so it cannot be seen with Edge set to US English.

5 Replies

@Wade_Middleton Thanks for spotting that, I'll let the team know! Can you please confirm which version(s) of English you're seeing this in? And which version and channel of the browser are you currently using?

Fawkes (they/them)
Program Manager & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@Deleted Hi Fawkes. No worries. The following locales are affected across all channels:

• English (Australia)
  • English (Canada)
  • English (India)
  • English (New Zealand)
  • English (South Africa)
  • English (United Kingdom)

@Wade_Middleton That's helpful, thank you! I've passed this to the context menu team.

Fawkes (they/them)

@Wade_Middleton To loopback: after seeing your detailed feedback, our team was able to open a work item for this! Thanks again for reaching out.

Fawkes (they/them)

@Wade_Middleton I'm happy to confirm that this should be fixed now, starting in Canary! Thanks again for your impactful feedback. 

Fawkes (they/them)