SOLVED

[BUG] Light splash screen on Edge for Android when in dark mode

Brass Contributor

As the title says, the splash screen on the app for android shows the light theme for a second when starting the app in dark mode. I want to be able to switch completely to edge on both mobile and PC, but with this bug I don't feel like i can. (Since it's kind of blinding at night!).
I just thought I'd get this bug out here since I could not find any mentions about it elsewhere.

Crossing fingers for a fix soon!

12 Replies

@SlowNicoFish Thanks for letting us know! We'll bring this to our devs' attention ASAP, but first, can you please confirm with version/channel of Edge you're using? (Or is it just the new Stable?)

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@Deleted 
Thanks for the answer!
I use the Beta for android: v 44.11.4.4122
Android 10 Pixel 3XL

I'm also seeing this problem, I'm using a Pixel 3 on Android 10, Android is set to "Dark theme". This is indeed an issue with Edge for Android

@Bdsrev and @SlowNicoFish To confirm: are you still seeing this?

Fawkes (they/them)

@Deleted, yes I am!

https://gfycat.com/colorfulwhisperedcapybara

I uploaded a video with this bug, if that does not work the link above should.

Edge version 44.11.4.4.4122
It's the beta from play store
Pixel 3XL Android 10 January Security patch 2020

best response confirmed by SlowNicoFish (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@SlowNicoFish That's super helpful, thanks! I'll forward this to the team.

Fawkes (they/them)

@SlowNicoFish @Bdsrev I wanted to loop back and let y'all know that the team made a bug for this, so it has been on their radar. Please let us know if you see anything else similar!

Fawkes (they/them)

Hi, I'm actually reported this issue before, however, there's another issue didn't mention in this post.

When I trying to swipe the top bar to switch between tabs, the search bar area just showing white color when I'm doing it. Please refer to the post below.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/discussions/dark-theme-ux-on-android-edge-beta/m-p/1086650

@chungweileong Thanks for the callout, I replied :)

Fawkes (they/them)

@Deleted I have found a new bug, but this time on a tablet.
The new update works good and the problem I reported in this discussion is resolved!
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/discussions/slow-and-graphical-glitches-on-android-tablet/m-p/1204099

@SlowNicoFish So glad to hear that it's working! We love to hear that. Thanks for the heads-up about the other thread, it was on my list of things to check in with the team about. :)

Fawkes (they/them)

It's been an year since this issue is raised. Also this issue is across all Android device specs. Pl fix soon.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by SlowNicoFish (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@SlowNicoFish That's super helpful, thanks! I'll forward this to the team.

Fawkes (they/them)

View solution in original post