Browser resetting after crash.

Copper Contributor

Hello everyone, I'm new to the community. My name is Livie, and I use Microsoft Edge on Windows 10.

I'm posting this to get assistance with my issue:

My browser usually crashes from unresponsiveness and all of my browsing histories are lost when re-opening. I have dealt with this a few times. 

Is there a way to prevent this? I would appreciate your help.

Thank you. :smile:

8 Replies

@LittleMissLivie21 

Hello
Start by updating Windows, it really is a must!
Then update the Edge browser.
then in the Edge settings are help and feedback - send diagnostic data as an attachment
Try - create a new profile for a new user on the default settings - you don't need to add a Microsoft account to this profile.
hope this helps :)

@LittleMissLivie21 

Hello! You've posted your question in the Tech Community Discussion space, which is intended for discussion around the Tech Community website itself, not product questions. I'm moving your question to the Microsoft Edge space - please post Edge questions here in the future. 

Hey there!

Can you provide some more details on this, including what W10 Version and Edge Version you're using, what happens just before the browser crashes, how you're restoring it, and what you mean about your browser history being lost? Is it just the recent history, or does the browser fully reset?

Alex Rowell (she/her)
Community Manager - Microsoft Edge
Join us on Twitter, or over on Reddit in r/MicrosoftEdge or r/edge

@Alexandra-R which browser are you using?

@LittleMissLivie21 

Obviously you are logged in as an administrator with your Microsoft account in Edge and have sync enabled on all devices?
What Windows compilation do you have?
Which version of Edge did you write about?

Well yes, I am logged in as admin(MS account), with Sync enabled. My Windows version is 21H1, and I don't clearly know what browser version I use, but I haven't received any updates in the past few days.

But let's just say I'm using the latest version so far.

And by the way, I'm talking about how my browser stops responding, and then crashes. When I reopen it, all my browsing history is lost, but thankfully, I get it all back.

@LittleMissLivie21 

Please open settings - at the bottom there is feedback and help, there you can describe your problem and add an attachment - diagnostic data it will go directly to the Edge team, if you add an email address you will receive a thank you.
kind regards

@LittleMissLivie21 can you tell me a little more about what you mean by 

When I reopen it, all my browsing history is lost, but thankfully, I get it all back.

Also, if you navigate to edge://settings/help it will tell you what version you're currently on and any updates that may be pending!