Browser reset

Copper Contributor

Today for some reason edge browser automatically got reset and then again logged in with my email id automatically

6 Replies

@vaibhavpatilviv Thanks for reporting that. Can you please confirm which version of the browser you were using? And did you get any error messages, crashes, or forced quitting?

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

I am using browser version 83.0.478.37 and I haven't noticed any crashes or not even done force quiet I noticed these bug for first time @Deleted 

@vaibhavpatilviv Thanks for confirming. Do you remember if you saw a welcome page (would have said something like "We've updated you to build 83.0...." and had a lot of picture tiles) after opening the browser back up?

We have a known issue where users who are signed into a work or school account can be accidentally signed out when one of the Insider builds updates. But the good news is that performance shouldn't be affected otherwise, and we are working on a fix.

Fawkes (they/them)

No i haven't seen any message regarding updates

@vaibhavpatilviv Hmm, interesting, thanks for confirming. It sounds like it should be ok, but please let us know if you experience any additional unexpected behavior, and we'd be happy to investigate further.

Fawkes (they/them)

@vaibhavpatilviv 

This is happening to me every month more or less. It also deletes all my favorites across all my devices when it happens as they sync propagate the now empty favorites.