Bring back the SHARE Image functionality from the Classic Edge

MVP

in the classic (build-in) Microsoft Edge browser, you could right-click on any picture and Share it directly with other apps. that's removed from the new Edge insider. 

Annotation 2019-09-29 195044.png

Annotation 2019-09-29 195133.png

7 Replies
ngl, i've never actually used the share sheet in Windows outside of testing it. I usually copy and paste.
But you can't copy an image and paste it into an app like Facebook, Instagram etc.
you would have to first download and save the image locally and then upload it to that app. this feature would make it automatic and eliminate the extra steps.
and it's already been available in classic Edge, they just have to ship it to the Edge insider.

@HotCakeX 

Good news, just got this Email from Microsoft:

Annotation 2019-10-01 091618.png

I don't use the Instagram or Facebook UWP apps. I don't even think they are available anymore. They were always out of date and were ports from iOS.
Yes instagram needs more frequent updates..I blame Facebook for this, they're responsible for it. Windows 10 is installed on 1 billion computers, mark zuckerberg is nuts for not updating their UWP apps..
I've added Instagram as a PWA but Microsoft needs to fix the issue with Edge insider not showing notifications when the browser is closed..
I'm pretty sure that Facebook has dropped the UWP apps. I think Facebook wants people on Windows to use the websites.

Unfortunately the Instagram website doesn't have all of the features that the app does :(
Well Facebook website has more features than the app but Instagram yes the website is not that good..
someone else needs to create a 3rd party instagram app for them..