SOLVED

Bring back the "Vertical tabs hide title bar" flag

Deleted
Not applicable

Please bring back the option in edge://flags to hide title bar in vertical tabs mode! I was by a long time searching by a browser that have that function because 2 lines of bars on the top of the browser like in the horizontal tabs mode takes so much space, much more when it has a lateral tab bar, so i prefer the url toolbar together with title bar and window close/minimize/maximize buttons. All top buttons in the same bar saves a lot of useful space! The only browser i know with url toolbar on the title bar is safari from mac, so if you know a chromium-based one, or just focused on windows 10, tell it in a awser! Thank you developers  and users for the attention, if you agree that it have to come back, help this reach the developers!

5 Replies
best response
Solution
What do you mean bring back? it hasn't gone anywhere.
Latest Edge has it. version 91.0.842.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)
edge://flags/#edge-vertical-tabs-hide-titlebar

Really? Ok then. I thought it was gone because I looked in beta 90.0.818.22, when it didn't exist yet. Thanks for the answer!
I am new in edge insider forum, can you help me how to close this discussion, or to delete it?
You're welcome, when a new flag is added to Edge, it first shows up in the canary channel, then after some times goes to Dev channel, then Beta.
you've marked a comment as answer so that's enough, hope you enjoy your stay here :)

@HotCakeX , is this missing again?

I'm using Edge 104.0.1293.54 and there is no "Vertical tabs hide title bar". Or has it been renamed?
Having this extra title bar feels like we're back in the 90s on Netscape or something.

Thanks!

-Dave

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response
Solution
What do you mean bring back? it hasn't gone anywhere.
Latest Edge has it. version 91.0.842.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)
edge://flags/#edge-vertical-tabs-hide-titlebar

View solution in original post