12-30-2019 06:59 AM
12-30-2019 06:59 AM
See the green progress bar in the edge icon has already started but download bar is not appearing yet there is aleast 4-5 sec lag which is not tolerable(400-500ms is OK).
To reproduce this lag try downloading a file from OneDrive/Google Drive with a bunch of tabs.
(*I have not closed the downloads bar)
(*In built gamebar doesnot record the taskbar and I donot want to waste time in installing a screen recorder because it is very easy to reproduce)
12-31-2019 08:37 AM
12-31-2019 10:08 AM
12-31-2019 10:10 AM
1. This bugs comes with canary 377 update when try to open a downloaded file.
No way to fix it except closing the downloads bar.
2. Please add a delete button for completed downloads in download bar to replace the disabled cancel button.
Would really help to keep the downloads folder clean.
12-31-2019 10:15 AM
12-31-2019 10:32 AM
I can't seem to be able to reproduce that bug..
I just tried downloading a ~20MB zip file from my OneDrive and everything is normal on the download bar at the bottom
no weird auto highlight or anything.
also i kept my eye on the Edge canary icon on taskbar, it was correctly reflecting the download progress.
Version 81.0.378.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)
12-31-2019 10:34 AM
12-31-2019 10:40 AM
12-31-2019 10:47 AM
01-07-2020 12:29 PM
@Maan2003 Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I am the PM for downloads. It looks like you are reporting 3 problems:
1. With a large number of tabs open, downloading a file from OneDrive results in the taskbar's green progress bar to start multiple seconds before the browser's download shelf task bar starts.
2. There is a persistent backplate (mouse hover effect) on the download shelf download item that does not go away.
3. You want a delete button to exist in the download shelf download item context menu
Regarding 1: I have attempted to reproduce this bug, but I was unsuccessful. I have >60 unique tabs, downloaded a 60mb file from OneDrive. The green taskbar progress bar started within 1 second of the download shelf progress bar. My memory usage is 11GB out of 16GB available. If you have any further information on how to reproduce this, please let us know!
Regarding 2: Thanks for finding this bug. I was able to reproduce this and have filed a bug for our engineers to fix! As a temporary workaround, open the file by clicking the "Open file" link (which avoids the hover effect from triggering and getting stuck in this state).
Regarding 3: We would love to track your feature request. The way we track these is through the "Send feedback" feature on the top-right of the browser (generally 3rd button from the right).
@fawkes thanks for making me aware of this post!