Beta Edge browser compatibility with MSFT Employees Benefits site.

Microsoft

Hello, I work at the Benefits engineering team om Microsoft. Today we received an email asking us to notify an issue. Here is the content if the email:

Hello – we have received some escalations with regards to employees not being able to open Office documents and PDFs on the Benefits site when using the beta Edge browser. When users try to access a file, they get the error below. As a work-around, we are instructing users to use a different browser. Is there someone on your team that partners with the Edge team that could forward this issue on? Note: HRweb hasn’t received any escalations for this issue as of yet.

8 Replies
That looks like a kind of error page that appears on Internet Explorer

@saavilae yes, we have an internal alias for this kind of thing. You can also use the smiley face in the browser itself. We have not seen reports of this, but the screenshot you included looks like Internet Explorer, not Edge. I think there is probably some confusion.

Is it possible they are using Edge with IE Mode for the site? We would need specific URLs that are not working and we'd like to compare to Chrome.

You can ping me internally (JohnJan) and I'll either help or redirect to the support alias. 

-John

@HotCakeX yes you are right. This IE screen-shot was included in the email, but it doesn't correspond to Beta Edge. However I got confirmation that the issue is, indeed, happening in Beta Edge. I'm removing the IE screen-shot to avoid confusion.

@johnjansen yes you are right. This IE screen-shot was included in the email, but it doesn't correspond to Beta Edge. However I got confirmation that the issue is, indeed, happening in Beta Edge. I'm removing the IE screen-shot to avoid confusion.

@johnjansen Hi, I tried to replicate the issue in normal Edge and Beta Edge:

Normal Edge:

clipboard_image_0.png

Beta Edge:

clipboard_image_1.png

@HotCakeX  I replicated the issue:

Normal Edge:

clipboard_image_0.png

Beta Edge:

clipboard_image_1.png

@johnjansen Sure, I will ping you on Teams.

Hi @saavilae 

you could try enabling these flags to see if they fix your problem,

because it looks like you are using IE mode of Edge beta

Annotation 2019-12-05 112931.png