Best Privacy features: Do You Wish More Privacy?

Brass Contributor

Let’s talk about two more best features for privacy.

1) In Vivaldi browser there's screen privacy filter – Filter Obscure, this is the best feature most people like it.
We view a lot of private information in our browsers bank details, private emails and messages, that information is often on our screens.
Do you worry that others might see private information you’re viewing on your screen?
Once you will turned on that filter ,  move the mouse cursor out of the browser window then the page content will get blurred.
For more information click on link
https://vivaldi.com/blog/hide-private-content-from-your-screen/

2) In UC browser there is a "Bosskey"
(You can press the shortcut key to hide/unhide the browser window it will also hide browser window from Taskbar and Mute webpages )

Ctrl + Q

3 Replies

Number 1 could be achieved with an extension which is a better way instead of making it built in. If I'm using my computer alone and no one is sitting besides me, or even someone is besides me like in the workplace or at home with a family member, I wouldn't want to use that feature.
that would be strange and kinda suspicious, like no one does that.

the only use case I can think of is when I'm using a laptop in a public area. even in that case, the password which is the important thing, is automatically turned into stars so unrecognizable.
I've used Vivaldi and it has great features but IMO things like this make it a bloated browser.
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/discussions/top-features-that-microsoft-edge-should-learn-fro...

@HotCakeX  Sorry Sir, we want features , not extension, tomorrow you will say , you can use Google chrome and Firefox  instead of Edge.

This site is made for us to share our thoughts, Microsoft Edge team wants to hear from us, what is our demands, what we expect from them .

@silverlion 

@silverlion wrote:

@HotCakeX  Sorry Sir, we want features , not extension, tomorrow you will say , you can use Google chrome and Firefox  instead of Edge.

This site is made for us to share our thoughts, Microsoft Edge team wants to hear from us, what is our demands, what we expect from them .

I'm not a sir.

extensions = features that can be added on demand.

not all features are used by everyone, that's why browsers use extensions. Edge legacy couldn't use chromium extensions and that's one of the reasons it was left behind.

Yes, sharing thoughts, and I'm also sharing my thoughts about this feature. nothing wrong with that.

developers need to know how many people want a feature, how it's exactly useful, and what are the arguments and counter-arguments about it.