SOLVED

Azure AD sign-in support in Edge for Linux

Brass Contributor

Hello,

I am looking to make the move away from Chrome to Edge. My company uses Linux; and I was thrilled to get to play around with the new Chromium-based Edge for Linux.

The single feature that is missing that will prevent me from making this switch is the ability to sign-in to Edge with my Azure AD work account. Currently, Edge for Linux only supports sign-ins with MS Personal accounts.

I have been following the "What's New" and "Top Feedback" sections of the Insider Community for the last couple weeks; and have likewise submitted this feedback directly through Edge a couple of times. I have not seen anything on the site (I could easily just be overlooking it?) regarding this and was curious if it is on the radar/roadmap; and if so; is there any best guess as to an ETA?

Thanks!

31 Replies
Any ETA on this? I'm really looking forward for this feature.
Still didnt work on stable version 97.0.1072.62-1
best response confirmed by challamzinnia (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Microsoft Edge
Version 99.0.1150.7 (Official build) dev (64-bit)
just logged into my AAD account! it's not syncing yet, but, BABY STEPS!
FINALLY! :raising_hands:
Thanks for the heads up!

Your syncing answer may lie here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/microsoft-edge-enterprise-sync
Our AAD is already configured for syncing across windows and other devices. It's just the Linux systems.
Didn't expect this soo SOON , I am logged into AAD and Synchronized !
Awesome!! hopefully it will be available on stable version soon
Apologies if this is considered hijacking the thread (it was my thread haha) - but can you point me to where or how you set up sync across devices? I have Windows desktops, Android phones, and Linux desktops - and sync is working across everything except Linux. I can finally sign in through the Linux boxes, but no sync. The docs are pointing me to Intune and other various solutions; none of which I had to use for the other devices. Also, Intune doesn't seem to even offer Linux as a platform option for managed devices. Thanks!

@challamzinnia it seems that, recently, this has been broken. :(

@jtremblay 
As of the last two months, I can't even get Edge on Linux to run properly! Without a whole bunch of massaging, I can't even get it to stay running. if I reset the sync data on my windows PC and My Linux PC I can login into the domain and sync on windows, on Linux, it crashes after a few seconds and then every time I restart it! it's now useless!

@jtremblay After resetting syncing several times..... it's to the point now, where if I sign-in with my work AAD account, Edge just crashes immediately.  I do try this every few versions to see if it is fixed.