Automatically Switch To New Tab When "Open link in new Tab"

Iron Contributor

Hello community,

I would like to be able to see the newly opened tab, when I click "Open link in new Tab", so I don't need to switch manually.

We already had a discussion about that, but no response from developers!

Thank you in advance!

5 Replies

@ph_007 

I still can't believe that option is missing.. Such a basic one. I want to hear a reason from developer WHY it is missing!

This is ridiculous. Microsoft has known about this issue in the MS Edge application for 2 years (or more) and yet nothing has been done about it. I think I'll just use Firefox.

@JPMTJR 

Actually I already got used to it. And I also think I have changed my mind about directly switching, because if I would like to open multiple links on a page I would not like to switch back all the time. But a dedicated option in settings would be the best (as always).

@ph_007 I just learned that if one uses a mouse with a wheel, using the wheel to click on a link opens that link in a new browser tab, AND, better yet, holding down the SHIFT key while using the wheel to click on the link opens the link in a new tab AND AUTOMATICALLY SHIFTS THE FOCUS TO THAT NEW TAB!  Nifty!

Wow, thanks for sharing!
Some additional information with regards to this topic:
- When holding down the SHIFT button + click left mouse's button = Edge opens the link in a new tab, but doesn't switch to it automatically (so you can open as many links as you want in a new tabs)
- When holding down the SHIFT+CTRL buttons + click left mouse's button = Edge opens the link in a new tab AND switches to the new tab automatically (which I was looking for)
- (maybe not so useful) When holding down the SHIFT button + click left mouse's button = Edge opens the link in a completely new browser's window
P.S. All the above works for bookmarks as well.