Auto-login is causing websites to detect me as bot and request captcha verification

Brass Contributor

Hi guys, the first time I logged in into my AliExpress account with the new Chromium-Edge the browser suggested me to enable automatic login for that website and I agreed. Unfortunately, this never worked because the website detects such automatic login attempts as non-human logins and requests me to complete each time a captcha verification.

How can I disable auto-login for that website without deleting saved credentials?

8 Replies

@HotCakeX that is a global flag, I will loose autologin to other websites. I asked for a per-website disable option.

@LuKePicci 

Then there is no such thing.

Also, the way Edge fills up the password fields and logs into websites is not the reason websites detect you as a bot. I've been using either Edge's auto login or password manager extensions' auto login on a wide range of websites, none of them cause this issue.

the reason websites detect you as a bot must have other reasons. some of them are: your IP address, VPN, browsing behavior etc.

if that website is doing that, it's Their problem. 

systems such as Cloudflare are smart enough to tell the difference between a browser's auto-login and a bad bot.

yes there are good bots too, such as those from search engines (crawler bots).

Edge is not the only browser that auto logins to websites.

@HotCakeX  sure it is, as soon as I disable Automatic login the issue is solved. Every other browser including the previous Edge works just fine. The Crhomium-based Edge is the only one with autologin feature and it is the only one getting detected as bot.

Worthless to say that I don't use any vpn or anything like that. I never get detected as bot on browsers without auto-login feature. It also doesn't happen on websites for which auto-login isn't supported.

@LuKePicci  I've never had that issue. Is your computer having a vrius virus? 

@Kam Why not, maybe Edge-86 is the new pandemia. Luckily we know the cure:  edge://settings/passwords -> Automatic login -> Disable ✔

@LuKePicci 

Well it's obvious that Edge is not doing anything malicious so it's that website's fault, aliexpress, that detects it by mistake.

it's failure in their algorithm.

because on our side, Edge is doing what it's supposed to, fill up the fields and log in. nothing malicious.

even if Edge is filling up the fields and logs in in a new fashion (just a wild guess) then it's still that website's fault detecting it by mistake as a bot or whatever.

@LuKePicci 

Spoiler

@LuKePicci wrote:

@HotCakeX  sure it is, as soon as I disable Automatic login the issue is solved. Every other browser including the previous Edge works just fine. The Crhomium-based Edge is the only one with autologin feature and it is the only one getting detected as bot.

Worthless to say that I don't use any vpn or anything like that. I never get detected as bot on browsers without auto-login feature. It also doesn't happen on websites for which auto-login isn't supported.

sure it is? hmm okay, if that's what you think.

what other websites have that problem besides alisexpress?