Anyone down for Edge logo options?

Copper Contributor

So is it me or the new Microsoft Edge log not as fun? You know what would be fun? Options. I would love to see a buried settings options for the type of logo we can have. Hell, I think if they give us the option to swap between the Spartan Logo, Edge logo, and New Edge logo that will be fun. I love options and Windows has always been the better bet for it. Let us have fun with one of the most important apps we use on our computers. 

6 Replies
It'd be definitely fun but I don't know of any other browser that have such option, do you?

@HotCakeX Or any program of any kind, for that matter.

Technically you can change the icon to whatever you want by opening the shortcut's properties and changing the icon, but I know of no program that has it as a built-in option.

I don't which is why I think we should encourage the Edge team to allow this. I sent it out on my feedback for this!
I would love a built in option for those who don't want to fumble around it or using Windows 10 X or S Mode. Not to mention having something like this kind of encourages the community to be personal. I would also add maybe Office as well? Not a fan of the 2019 icons but oh my the 2013/2016 icons are on point. Of course as an optional setting.

@EbonJaeger 

@EbonJaeger wrote:

@HotCakeX Or any program of any kind, for that matter.

Technically you can change the icon to whatever you want by opening the shortcut's properties and changing the icon, but I know of no program that has it as a built-in option.

Yeah,

I think what Microsoft can do in terms of giving more personalization option to users is to allow us change colors of the UI and let us choose between solid color and transparent/blurry/acrylic style that is see-through like old Edge or most of the built in Windows 10 apps.

browser UI is constantly in front of our eyes and we see it all the time so it's more important to be able to modify that from the settings page or built in options. we only click on browser Icon once like it takes 1 second and then we don't have anything to do with it but still it's modifiable like you said, not from browser settings but from Windows settings which is as much simple.

Wouldn't it be nice if the green 'wave' top section of the logo could be changed to match your desktop theme preferences. then could that be sync'd to the Android and iOS apps too? I so miss the customisation of Windows 10 Mobile colours without the need to download a whole new theme on Android! Which of course then leads on to whether the current logo looks any good in monochrome, whether its background is transparent or reversed.