Another issue with 84.0.480.0 canary - cut-n-paste not working with Slack

Copper Contributor

One of my regular workflows is to review news articles on the web, select and copy the URL, and paste it into our company #news Slack channel. As of 84.0.480.0 canary (on ARM64,  Win10 insider 19603) the "paste" no longer works. I can paste into other apps and (some) other Edge tabs, but in Slack, Ctrl-V (or right-click-Paste) do nothing. Restarted Edge, rebooted Windows... nothing. Works fine on my "slow insider" machine which is running Dev rather than Canary.

10 Replies

@geoffarnold Welcome to our MS Edge Insider's community! Thanks for reporting that. If you haven't yet, can you please submit feedback and diagnostic data through the browser? This will help our devs do some deeper investigations.

While this version of Canary has some known bugs, but I'll also check-in with our team to make sure this is on their radar.

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@Deleted 

I'm on Version 84.0.484.0 (Canary, ARM), and copy and paste is also broken 

@Watney @geoffarnold It looks like a bug has been opened for this! Thanks again for your feedback, and let us know if you see any changes.

Fawkes (they/them)

Thanks, @Deleted 

I'm now up to Edge 485 (with the nasty Update bug resolved), and I'm actually seeing more instances of cut-and-paste (or, more specifically, paste) failing. I was only seeing it with Slack; now it's also affecting Gmail and Google calendar tabs.

I'm facing issues in LinkedIn. Interestingly, the behavior is normal in InPrivate mode.

@Rohit Yadav @geoffarnold Thanks for confirming, I've updated the bug to include that. I know our devs are looking into this now, but feel free to submit more diagnostic data as you encounter this in different places.

Fawkes (they/them)

@geoffarnold  same thing here my copy paste is very broken

@Watney  im on 846 and i have the same issue

Similar problems here- cannot copy/paste urls or any text in gmail or in forums running on XenForo (there I CAN paste if using the consoles link/past feature but not directly into an open post.

@Chris-Edge I'm happy to let you know that the fix is in place! Let us know if you still see any issues with this.

Fawkes (they/them)