Allow extensions to run only in inPrivate mode

MVP

Besides the allow in InPrivate option, add another option that only lets an extension run in InPrivate mode. currently the opposite of it is possible but not the other way around.

Google Chrome does Not have this feature, it will be a huge plus for Edge browser.

very useful when dealing with extensions (such as VPNs and Others) that modify Internet connection and user would want to run it in a different environment.

2 Replies

Hi @HotCakeX, can you help me understand what scenarios you would want an extension for InPrivate browsing, but not have it on for normal browsing?  Thanks - Elliot

Hi,
well there are Thousands of VPN extensions for browsers, I want to use them without disrupting my connection with my other tabs open. I need to be able to use VPN for a specific website so If I could use that extension in InPrive mode, it will limit the connection only to there, my other open tabs won't be affected.
it's only one case. there will definitely be people who would utilize this feature if it's added.

something else i sometimes use is extensions that change user-agent. if used in normal browsing mode, all of the tabs are affected which is not ideal because I only want to change my user-agent for one website. if i be able to just enable that extension in InPrivate mode, the problem will be solved.