SOLVED

[ALL FIXED] Improvements Needed on Reading View mode text options (Immersive Reader)

MVP

Annotation 2019-10-09 202816.png

that's from the Edge classic

Spoiler

Now Fixed

and here below is the one from Edge insider Canary

Version 79.0.299.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

Annotation 2019-10-09 202712.png

Notice how bad the text colors are in dark them.

Annotation 2019-10-09 202745.png

It's a little better on the light theme.

also Edge insider needs the page themes from Classic Edge, they have nicer colors

5.png

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

6 Replies

Update: Version 80.0.316.0 Canary

Before

BEFOREBEFORE

After - Now in Version 80.0.316.0 Canary

After - Now - Version 80.0.316.0After - Now - Version 80.0.316.0

best response confirmed by HotCakeX (MVP)

It's great to see the reading themes are being worked on. What I would love is a dark grey theme with white text. In fact, the colors from edge's dark theme would be perfect. The pure black page is a bit too much contrast for me.

Yes the pitch black isn't comfortable for me either when reading for a prolonged period.
i usually use lighter colors like yellow or darker shade of green

To hell with the colours -  it'd be nice to to use Immersive Reader in the classic layout? Not only did the columns fill the space better, & the feeling of paging through something feel like reading a book, but it meant that if I had to stop in the middle of reading something extremely long, then I wouldn't lose my place. The longer the text, the more Immersive Reader is needed, but the more unusable it is. I love Edge Chromium otherwise, but I am genuinely dreading the day my Classic Edge gets updated. 

You might think, 'what's the big deal - whatever it is can't be that long', but there is fanfiction. Try reading a 100,000+ word story all in one go, not wanting to leave the tab in case it automatically refreshes & not able to shut down your browser or device, because you'll lose your place. It doesn't help that, for some reason individual chapters on archiveofourown.org are not viewable in Immersive Reader (even though this was possible on Classic Edge), so there's no option but to expand to read the entire work on one page, as for some reason that's the only way to browse a story using Immersive Reader. Bit annoying really.

I don't know what fanfiction even is to be honest but the book view mode in Edge classic, which also exists in Microsoft Word, looks nice to have in the new Edge so I agree with you on that :)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by HotCakeX (MVP)