alias sync account

Iron Contributor

please improve sync features.

if i have account a@

with alias b@ c@ d@ e@

i want to use all alias as sync accounts, without need to open bedge@ cedge@ dedge@ eedge@...

would be much easier.

11 Replies
But those aliases are for Emails at Outlook, they are not separate Microsoft accounts. they are part of the same account and share the same storage and user data which are in the cloud.

@HotCakeX  yes i know, but why opening 50 users if i can just open 5 user and use 10 alias/user to sync such data. they just need to sync 10 different setting, based on the alias i use. at the moment is like google, where they ask 1 account for each bookmarks and then they complain about the amount of accounts, by disabling some accounts (is not the first time). an alias based sync would help and avoid microsoft to have to many accounts only used for bookmark sync. 

@edgesuggestions 

Yes indeed why would someone create a lot of aliases on their Outlook and then expect them to work as a separate Microsoft account?

Google? they don't let you create aliases, so i don't know how it is better than a Microsoft account!

you just have to remember that aliases are only, and only, for Outlook Emails, nothing else. they are Not a separate Microsoft account.

Outlook.com lets you have multiple aliases associated with a single account, and you can choose which email address you send email from. Creating alternate addresses to use on websites or apps that force you to register can help keep your personal email address out of the hands of marketers and hackers.

that is the primary use of Outlook email aliases. so don't confuse them with Microsoft accounts. Google does Not offer this feature to its users.

you can create as many Microsoft accounts as you want/need.

Add or remove an email alias in Outlook.com - Outlook (microsoft.com)

@HotCakeX 

@HotCakeX 

yes i know

Google? they don't let you create aliases, so i don't know how it is better than a Microsoft account! 

i never said google is better, since i said that with google i need to use every chrome sync account with another google account. 

PS: is still possible with google, but works really bad (or at least no gsuite related). you need to write email+alias@gmail.com (so +xxx after the email). 

i know that alias are email related. but at the end every alias has a name like a real account, so i think devs should be able to save edge bookmarks of a@outlook.it,  b@outlook.it to my one drive aliasaccount@outlook.it which contain my alias a@, b@....

do you understand what i mean? it's something related to email, but edge could use it too. especially because microsoft limits a lot the amount of account that can be created and verified once created with the same phone number. so opening for example 50 accounts is possible, but not easy (especially for people that don't own 30-40 sim numbers like me). this example can be applied even for just 5 accounts.. in such case you open 1 account, 5 alias and not 5 accounts. 

@HotCakeX  seems the answer was not saved, so i copy it again.

@HotCakeX 

yes i know

i never said google is better, since i said that with google i need to use every chrome sync account with another google account.

PS: is still possible with google, but works really bad (or at least no gsuite related). you need to write email+alias@gmail.com (so +xxx after the email). 

i know that alias are email related. but at the end every alias has a name like a real account, so i think devs should be able to save edge bookmarks of a@outlook.it,  b@outlook.it to my one drive aliasaccount@outlook.it which contain my alias a@, b@....

do you understand what i mean. it's something related to email, but edge could use it too. at the end edge sync account is not related to edge browsing account, like i reported in another post and if you are always the admin, it doesn't make any difference if microsoft store such data using 5 accounts or 1 account with 5 alias, at the end your are the admin.

second reason is because microsoft limit a lot the amount of account that can be created and verified once created with the same phone numbers. so opening for example 50 accounts is possible, but not easy (especially for people that don't own 30-40 sim numbers like me).

to be correct  there is another reason why this would be better too. in such case an user buy an extension for user aliasaccount@ and he can use this extension on the bookmark account a@, b@, c@....

now for example with google you need to stop sync to use your paid extension on all 50 chrome profile. this is why i suggested to separate chrome account from store account. with microsoft i don't have idea, because until now i never bought an extension. maybe there is the same problem, maybe not.

PS: if the problem about store and sync account is available in microsoft too, this alias bookmarks account would only fix if you use 10 accounts. if you use 50+ bookmarks acccouts then is necessary to offer a separate sync and store account inside edge.

Paid extensions are depreciated. Google removed the ability to publish any new paid extensions on their store and will soon remove the existing ones from the store as well.
Chrome Web Store payments deprecation - Google Chrome

Microsoft extension store also has no paid extensions. so the whole idea is going away.

I don't know what you mean by bookmarks account, a bit hard to understand.

@HotCakeX 

bookmarks account are edge profile. if you use 30 edge profile, you have 30 bookmarks accounts (which is one of the end goal of having different profiles). this obviously include all features related like specific extension and password sync for each bookmarks/edge account. 

the edge store reason was just an example. like i told you i haven't tried before. the main reason is still related to my bookmarks account (or better to new bookmarks profile that i need to create, for which i first need to open new email accounts, that at the end i don't use at all, just to sync the setting). a lot of such topics are available as alias, since i create alias before microsoft launched edge at all.

still have 500+ alias which at the moment cannot be used as bookmarks profile at all. this is really bad at the moment.  i think is a bit ridiculous to have an email alias like "research@outlook.it" and not be able to use it for my bookmarks account "research". i first need to create another account "researchedge@outlook.it". it doesn't change anything for me if you store and sync edge data with the new researchedge@outlook.it or with the original account that has such alias, is only important i see my password, bookmarks and extension.

about chrome i didn't know. i still think this is a bad decision. at the end is a choice of the user if we need to paid extension or not. like apple offers paid extension (or better almost all extension in safari). 

at the end with paid extension we can be sure developers generally implement suggestions/wishes. 

500+ alias? in each Microsoft account you can only have up to 5 aliases.
you just have to remember that Email alias is for Outlook and the reason Outlook offers that is mentioned above.
if your bookmarks/favorites are scattered over different profiles, just put them in one profile which is also one Microsoft account with sync.

@HotCakeX first: it's wrong because you can create an account + 10 alias, now instead you need to open 2, wait, open other, wait, repeat until you reach the limit.

second: using 1 account removes the goal of using multiple accounts and goes against this suggestion https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/discussions/optional-suggestion-new-menu-bar-app-for-mac/m-p/... too, so this has no sense and it's already what the average users do, because a lot use just 1 account or mac or macuser or 1 edge or even 1 browser for everything.

third: i already told you that i know outlook alias are used for such goals, otherwise i haven't opened it before you launched edge (this is one  cool features of outlook compared to gmail). i still don't see the problem about to store 11 different bookmarks, 11 different edge extensions setting and 11 different password using just 1 account. you still just need to think of how you can store other alias as separate items, without the need to open 10 new account just to sync such data.

we need to remember that microsoft alias are not the same like yahoo alias, where you can even generate 500 alias pro account.

PS: you can even store 1 password, not 11 (if this creates problems). doesn't make any difference, at the end the user are used all by me. i think this is the case of other user too, that use alias and wish they could use alias as sync account. in such way you don't need to merge password accounts every x months too (like now i do with icloud).

Yeah Outlook can have 10 aliases, I thought it was 5, doesn't change anything for your problem, which i answered here.
sorry but if I misunderstand you, it's because of the way you write, maybe you use translator, I don't know, but it's hard to understand your sentences..
hopefully someone else can understand your English better than me.