SOLVED

Add Microsoft apps in favorites bar

Brass Contributor

Like google chrome Add Microsoft apps in favorites bar it will be very easy to use Microsoft apps 

aa.jpg

6 Replies
This might sound funny but I always deleted that apps shortcut in bookmark bar after installing chrome browser x)

@silverlion 

+1 

I was thinking the other day that something like this would be handy. Optional as to whether it is shown on the bar, of course, like the Google version in Google Chrome.

@DavidGB 

Spoiler

@DavidGB wrote:

@silverlion 

+1 

I was thinking the other day that something like this would be handy. Optional as to whether it is shown on the bar, of course, like the Google version in Google Chrome.

@silverlion 

This can already be done. just favorite this site: www.office.com

gfdgdf.png

best response
Solution

@silverlion thanks for the suggestion. We were chatting yesterday about ways to make it more obvious to users that edge://apps even exists, and this is a pretty good idea. You can do it yourself, of course, by simply clicking to Favorite edge://apps, but I kind of like the idea of having it there as a way to expose it. 

I've logged it as a bug internally for discussion with others on the team.

-John

we need that feature, what the people say "out of the box"
Well, out of the box, Edge can have www.office.com pinned to the favorites. because those are Office apps, not PWAs that users can install themselves, like Twitter, YouTube etc.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response
Solution

@silverlion thanks for the suggestion. We were chatting yesterday about ways to make it more obvious to users that edge://apps even exists, and this is a pretty good idea. You can do it yourself, of course, by simply clicking to Favorite edge://apps, but I kind of like the idea of having it there as a way to expose it. 

I've logged it as a bug internally for discussion with others on the team.

-John

View solution in original post