SOLVED

Add an icon for the "Add to dictionary" action (UI consistency)

Bronze Contributor

I love icons next to each menu item. Excellent for visual memory and almost every action has an icon.

Except for "Add to dictionary", which is one of my most used actions. :( 

FiocCRM

Since this icon is used so often, I think it deserves an icon. If you want an off-the-cuff suggestion:

Ncdyvha

Any icon is fine--but it definitely deserves an icon, IMO.

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Elliot Kirk (Microsoft)
Solution

@ikjadoon 

Dudes. Dudettes. Microsoft literally added the icon hours later. It's here. 5e0Nj2x

Bravo, Microsoft. 

@ikjadoon, I am glad that you are happy with the way the spellchecker is progressing.  Please let us know if you see anything else that you think needs to change, or that you particularly like.

@Elliot Kirk 

Thank you very kindly for the reply. I'm seriously very impressed at the pace of updates.

What I love so far:  

• :white_heavy_check_mark: Immediate visual feedback: adding to dictionary immediately removes the underline, confirming it worked 
  • :white_heavy_check_mark: Ease in removing accidentally added words (far, far simpler than Chrome & Firefox).
  • :white_heavy_check_mark: Ease in adding new languages to the spellchecker

What I'd love to have implemented:

• Sync user misspelled words between devices

It doesn't need to be a full radio option, but it could be combined with "Settings" sync and then noted somewhere. For me, I always would want it synced as a part of Settings because I transition often between a desktop & laptop during the day: they're essentially the same system for me!

It's always a PITA to go back to an older system and realize half my words (technical terms mostly) are being underlined.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Elliot Kirk (Microsoft)
Solution

@ikjadoon 

Dudes. Dudettes. Microsoft literally added the icon hours later. It's here. 5e0Nj2x

Bravo, Microsoft. 

View solution in original post