SOLVED

Ability to Tag Favorites in Edge

Brass Contributor

Hello, I am new here, so I hope I am posting this information in the correct location.

I would like Edge to have the ability to use tags on a user's favorites, similar to the tag functionality found in Firefox where users can tag their favorites or bookmarks.

If we have a lot or too many favorites, having tags allows us to find those important favorites again.

9 Replies
best response confirmed by KStecyk (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@KStecyk Yes, you're in the right place, and welcome to our Insider community!

I chatted with our Favorites team, and they asked that you submit this idea through the in-browser feedback functionality. (That way, they can keep it all the feature requests sorted together.)

Thanks, and let us know if there is anything else!

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

Thank you!

@KStecyk Sure thing, happy to help!

Fawkes (they/them)

@Deleted i hope this feature will be available soon

Do you mean tagging is not available as yet? This is the 21st century! How are you supposed to manage your favorites then?

Hello.

Any updates to this topic?

Are there freeware 3rd party solution to accomplish it?

Thanks

Try XBrowserSync.

Hello,

As someone who loves some of the functions Edge offers but would greatly benefit from a bookmark tagging system like Firefox has, is there a way for me to essentially support OP's request? Should I just make a new suggestion myself? Find his post and Like it? I'm not sure the best way to proceed.

Thank you!

Presumably sub-folders, but it gets incredibly tedious when you're trying to sort by multiple features/characteristics. As soon as you have a bookmark which has criteria for 2 separate folders, you end up either with duplication or guessing at where stuff is which defeats the purpose entirely...

I'm not defending the lack of what seems like it should come as a base feature, but to answer your question...
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by KStecyk (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@KStecyk Yes, you're in the right place, and welcome to our Insider community!

I chatted with our Favorites team, and they asked that you submit this idea through the in-browser feedback functionality. (That way, they can keep it all the feature requests sorted together.)

Thanks, and let us know if there is anything else!

Fawkes (they/them)

View solution in original post