SOLVED

Ability to change location of date when printing from Edge.

Copper Contributor

From everything I've been able to find, there's no way to change the date when printing from the web using Microsoft Edge.  It currently puts the date in top left of the page where I put my staple.  It used to be at the bottom of the page.  

This message is meant to be for the developers, I'm new here so may not be doing this right.  We should have the ability to relocated the header and footer data to our personal preference.  

Please help!

4 Replies

@Harley_Chick 

Hi,

Welcome to the Edge community!

as a temporary workaround you can uncheck the box for "headers and footers" on the print screen, so the date won't be shown on the printed document.

if you haven't already, please also send this suggestion using the feedback button on Edge (shortcuts: Ctrl + Shift + i)

your feedback will be registered and tracked on the system :) 

best response confirmed by Harley_Chick (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@HotCakeX How is that a viable solution?  Turning off the headers/footers means that the date will be printed nowhere.  How can the date be moved to a different corner?  That is what is needed.

Exactly, I don't want to turn it off, I want to move it to the bottom of the page.
I accidently marked this as the best response. It still doesn't fix my problem.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Harley_Chick (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@HotCakeX How is that a viable solution?  Turning off the headers/footers means that the date will be printed nowhere.  How can the date be moved to a different corner?  That is what is needed.

View solution in original post