SOLVED

A Tiny bug that Microsoft have to do

Iron Contributor

Annotation 2019-12-22 212858.png

I'm in canary and i use light theme.

InPrivate mode, it changes into black theme. However, Webpage icon doesn't change into white and it is hard to see.

6 Replies

@TrueGame 

Yup, the "... " menu is also white/light in Inprivate window when light theme us selected

best response confirmed by TrueGame (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@TrueGame Hey there! Super appreciate you bringing this up. I tested this out on the latest version of Canary and it appears to be resolved! Can you make sure your Canary is updated to version 81.0.375.0+ and let me know if you're still seeing the dark icon, please? I did test in both regular dark mode and on an InPrivate window to ensure it was showing up a lighter color.

Missy Quarry (she/her/hers)
Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@MissyQ No, it hasn't fixed. Updated canary and still has that bug...

Annotation 2019-12-29 225153.png

@TrueGame Oh no! I'm still seeing it as light colored, so that's super weird. Can you uninstall Canary and reinstall it? That should work, but please follow up if it doesn't.

clipboard_image_0.png

@MissyQ  I've tried this in three computers to see if others happens.

And it has the same symptoms.

Canary (last update) 

Light theme and open a inprivate window.

Annotation 2020-01-06 155602.png

@TrueGame Appreciate the update, though I'm sad it's not a happy update. What operating system are you on?

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by TrueGame (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@TrueGame Hey there! Super appreciate you bringing this up. I tested this out on the latest version of Canary and it appears to be resolved! Can you make sure your Canary is updated to version 81.0.375.0+ and let me know if you're still seeing the dark icon, please? I did test in both regular dark mode and on an InPrivate window to ensure it was showing up a lighter color.

Missy Quarry (she/her/hers)
Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

View solution in original post