a registry removed

Iron Contributor

my current Edge Version is 85.0.564.30 (Official build) beta (64-bit), i do not know why the following registry has been removed by Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) by Malwarebytes, 

{Successfully deleted: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{1FD49718-1D00-4B19-AF5F-070AF6D5D54C} (Registry Key)
Successfully deleted: HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{1FD49718-1D00-4B19-AF5F-070AF6D5D54C} (Registry Key)

4 Replies
3rd party programs that claim to be cleaning registry can mess up Windows 10 pretty bad. Windows 10 actually does not need those sort of programs. if you wanna know why they removed it you can ask malwarebytes since they made the program.

using programs like this or ccleaner which is the same, can cause further problems in the future.

@HotCakeX this is news to me , thank you

@MarsMas   I can only speculate as to why Malwarebyte's JRT removed registry entries to those particular Helper Objects.  I do know that Helper Objects are frequent targets for malware redirection and it is possible that is what JRT detected.  I don't know, though.  As Skylar suggested, the question might be addressed in Marlwarebytes technical forums.

I'm writing primarily to let you know that JRT is discontinued software.  EOL was  April 26, 2018, and the product is no longer supported.  Malwarebytes suggests moving to ADW instead.

I'm not sure that either is the best way to approach the issue, however.  It seems to me that the better solution is to stop malware before the computer is compromised.  I use Malwarebytes Premium as a compliment to Windows Security, and have found that the two products work well in tandem, coming at attack detection from different directions.  I haven't had an issue in years using that combination on my four primary Windows 10 computers, so I no longer use tools similar to JRT or ADW.

@tomscharbach 

very good thank you, i already have Malwarebytes and will keep it