A problem with the Zoom level of a Tab

Copper Contributor

When i increase the zoom to 150% and higher at the New Tab page.There is a problem with the Top Sites bar.The 2nd row becomes half hidden by the task bar.

When I have a one opened tab page and increase the zoom level to 150% or higher and then open another new tab page.The icons of the Top Sites bar in the old one are above the task bar,but the 2nd row of the icons in the new tab are under the task bar and are half hidden by it.

The Top Sites bar doesn't remember the sites which I have

put in it.They keep being replaced with new ones.

I can't change the place of an already created icon in the Top Sites bar.It stays at the place it is permanently.I want to be able to customize the order of my sites.

• to
9 Replies

@Tavory wrote:

The Top Sites bar doesn't remeber the sites which I have

put in it.They keep being replaced with new ones.

I can't change the places of already created icon in the Top Sites bar.It stays at the place it is permanently.I want to be able to customise the order of my sites.

@Tavory Same here. Edge doesn't remember most of my frequently visited sites so I had to do it manually by typing the full website addresses. 

The only way we can change the order of the most visited sites is by deleting and re-adding them in the correct order. Would love to see that changed.

Hi @Tavory 

This is what I get with 250% zoom

Annotation 2019-11-08 104446.png

150% is the same but smaller

Annotation 2019-11-08 104706.png

@HotCakeX

I use two Windows systems.At home Windows 7 at work Windows 10.Both have the same problem.I will link some screen shots when i get home too.

When the zoom level is under 150% of the New Tab Page and the row is one of the Top Sites bar everything is fine.

When the zoom level is at or above 150% and the Top Sites bar is at 2 rows the 2nd one is half hidden by the task bar.

I did the following.I already had opened a new tab under 150% then i increased the zoom level to 150% and above.Each new Tab which i opened has a half hidden 2nd row. 

This is at 175%

2019-11-08 (1).png

This is at 150%

2019-11-08.png

At 125%

2019-11-08 (2).png

Which Edge insider version and Windows 10 version are you using?

I can't produce it no matter what I do.
Windows 10 insider build 19018
Edge insider canary Version 80.0.327.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

screen resolution 1080p
Windows scaling is 100%

@HotCakeX 

Edge DEV

Version 80.0.320.5 (Official build) dev (64-bit) 

Windows 10 Pro Version 1903

OS build 18362.418

Screen resolution 1600 x 900 (Recommended settings)

Windows 7 Home Premium

Service Pack 1

Screen resolution 1600 x 900(on 2nd monitor & PC)

On both PCs the problem is the same

I noticed the problem occurs when I use Focused,Inspirational or Custom Page layout.The only time it is not breaking is when I use informational mode.But I don’t like it.

Here are some of my tries I did.Everything is under 250%.At 250 everything disappears without the bing search bar.So the problem frame is between 150 & 245

The only times when there aren’t any problems are when Informational or Custom + Content visible are active.But as I said I don’t like those two modes.

Focused mode &  Inspirational:        

1.increasing the zoom level to 150% drops the Top Sites bar with a few centimeters but keeps it above the task bar when opening a new page or starting the browser

2.Increasing the zoom level to 175% and higher makes the Top Sites bar to become half hidden by the task bar when opening a new page or starting the browser

Custom with and without Image of the day +

Headings only/Content visible on Scroll/Content Off - happens the same as above

@HotCakeX 

I use 2 versions of Windows and Edge:

PC1

Edge DEV

Version 80.0.320.5 dev (64-bit)

Windows 10 Pro Version 1903

OS build 18362.418

Screen resolution 1600 x 900 (Recommended settings)

PC2

Edge BETA

Version 79.0.309.15 beta (32-bit)

Windows 7 Home Premium

Service Pack 1

Screen resolution 1600 x 900 (2nd PC and monitor)

I noticed the problem occurs when I use Focused,Inspirational or Custom Page layout.The only time it is not breaking is when I use informational mode.But I don’t like it.

Here are some of my tries I did.Everything is under 250%.At 250 everything disappears without the bing search bar.So the problem frame is between 150 & 245

The only times when there aren’t any problems are when Informational or Custom + Content visible are active.But as I said I don’t like those two modes.

Focused mode & Inspirational:

1.Iincreasing the zoom level to 150% drops the Top Sites bar with a few santimeters but keeps it above the task bar when opening a new page or starting the browser

2.increasing the zoom level to 175% and higher makes the Top Sites bar to become half hidden by the task bar when opening a new page or starting the browser

Custom with and without Image of the day +

Headings only/Content visible on Scroll/Content Off               -              happens the same as above

For me, the closest I could get to your result is on Focused layout, in that layout, at 250% zoom, the bottom row sticks to the taskbar but still not hidden by it. at 300% and again in focused mode, all the top site rows disappear and the search box is only there.

all other modes I tried are fine. I think it's because of the difference in screen resolution of me and you

@HotCakeX 

Here are some of the samples.Everything is fine and dandy only in Informational mode.Those problems aren't occuring in Google Chrome

• Focused mode

The tab with Personalized news and more is hidden.Also the Top Sites bar already down with a few centimeters at 150%

At 175% and 200% the Task Manager will hide it on half.

150%150%175%175%200%200%

• Inspirational mode

150%150%175%175%200%200%

• Informational (perfectly fine at 150%/175%/200%/At 250% disapears which is normal)

200%200%

I see, but for me it doesn't look like it.

I'm using screen resolution 1920 x 1080 with scaling set to 100%.
if you have access to that resolution, try it.

maybe what you are seeing is normal for 1600 x 900 resolution.