A huge thank you to this Insiders group

Microsoft

We pushed our first build to Stable this morning (then again this afternoon with a fix for the language detection issue) , the culmination of months of work on our side, and tons of great feedback and ideas from your side.  I wanted to thank you for all of the time and energy that you have put into making this day happen.  This is just our latest step on our journey and we will continue putting out our Canary, Developer and Beta channels on a regular basis.  I would invite you all to remain Insiders and try our latest and greatest builds as they come out.

Thank you again,

Elliot

Joe Belfiore's Blog: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2020/01/15/new-year-new-browser-the-new-microsoft-edge-i...

Download Site: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge?form=MA13DC&OCID=MA13DC

44 Replies

@Bob_j5 

Bob,

One thing I (& many others) have always liked A LOT about 10, right from the onset, was/is the lack of need for adding or using outside utilities; and how it's its own caretaker so, nicely..  And from the eyes of an any IT Pro the (terrific) difference in deployment, installation & updating from prior OSs is admirable and just SO much nicer!

Cheers,
Drew

True that, for a long time, the first thing I had to do after installing Windows 10 was to download a new browser, but when the new Edge be preinstalled on Windows 10, I won't have to.

@Drew1903 

Everything is not built in obviously but the Windows store is a great place to find the apps.

my wish is that Windows store becomes my first go to destination when I'm looking for an app or software, and Not the Google.

Windows store now supports Win32 bit programs in addition to UWP apps but software developers need to put their software in the Windows store for us to use.

I think what Microsoft should do is to allow people who develop free and open source programs (like on Github) to be able to put their programs on Windows store for free. and Microsoft should only charge people who sell closed source or paid software/apps.

@HotCakeX Im keeping the old one just to compare and make sure all features migrate over.

That sounds like a good idea.
I'm gonna keep a Win 10 VM only on Edge classic to know when it will receive the new Edge automatically from Windows update.