A huge thank you to this Insiders group

Microsoft

We pushed our first build to Stable this morning (then again this afternoon with a fix for the language detection issue) , the culmination of months of work on our side, and tons of great feedback and ideas from your side.  I wanted to thank you for all of the time and energy that you have put into making this day happen.  This is just our latest step on our journey and we will continue putting out our Canary, Developer and Beta channels on a regular basis.  I would invite you all to remain Insiders and try our latest and greatest builds as they come out.

Thank you again,

Elliot

Joe Belfiore's Blog: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2020/01/15/new-year-new-browser-the-new-microsoft-edge-i...

Download Site: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge?form=MA13DC&OCID=MA13DC

44 Replies
Thank you all(Edge Team) it was all fun to test and Thanks for the Fix!!!!!

Dennis5mile
I will keep using Canary channel even though I installed stable version too.

Going strong! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I agree, I really like Can even if it is currently crashing a lot for me...

Dennis5mile
in my case, even if i don't like canary, i can't switch to stable version, simply due to lack of features I need, which are available in canary but not in stable

Thank you @HotCakeX we are still going and just updated our Beta channel to Edge v80.  In about 6 weeks or so, we will push to Stable, and Edge v81 will move to Beta. Hopefully by that time we will have new features and fixes in Edge v82 / v83 that you will find as requirements and so we will keep you here on Canary forever ;-).

Lol... Soooo the plot thickens...

Dennis5mile
It's been a fun ride, and I look forward to seeing what's next. Today I installed the stable browser at work and updated to beta version 80 on my home device. Keep up the good work!

stil use the Microsoft Edge Canary more stufe in that on@Elliot Kirk 

@Elliot Kirk 

@Elliot Kirk wrote:

Thank you @HotCakeX we are still going and just updated our Beta channel to Edge v80.  In about 6 weeks or so, we will push to Stable, and Edge v81 will move to Beta. Hopefully by that time we will have new features and fixes in Edge v82 / v83 that you will find as requirements and so we will keep you here on Canary forever ;-).

Haha, with pleasure!

I'm a sucker for experimental beta software. stable stuff are boring for me :p

p.s Not a masochistic

The team has done a great job!  Congratulations on the stable release!

@Elliot Kirk  Is there a forecast for the new EDGE arriving via Windows update? if it's too long I'll prefer to download right now.

@Elliot Kirk- Why is it that you need admin privileges to install Chromium edge on Windows 10 ?. Chrome can do without that.  

@Elliot Kirk Is the issue with notifications in the background fixed? I installed a stable version of edge yesterday and lost access to notifications in the background mode from twitter. There is no problem in the old edge and google chrome. There come notifications in the background when the browser is closed and the site is installed as a pwa app. this is a serious problem for me. think for many too. Please pay attention to this.

@Elliot Kirk 

Elliot, thanks for saying this.  It is nice to be acknowledged & appreciated.  For myself, it's a privilege, an honour & a joy to learn, help others & be pat of creating & building products people will use & like.  To you, Microsoft and anyone it helps... it's my pleasure.  Likely others share the same sentiments. If it helps any wee bit, that what we strive, why we do it & all we can hope.

Thanks, again.

Nor is our work, as Insiders, finished...

The icon behavior when apps are pinned exists in this (for example), but, it's going to be very similar to the Beta Channel.  It's, also, 79 not 80 or 81.  A lot will change (for the better) with its 1st update & beyond.

Cheers,
Drew

It would have niced if you were added a way of Insider Channels and release notes somewhere in https://www.microsoft.com/edge similar to https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/

@whizlingo Chrome will then install into your Windows profile, where applications do not belong.

They belong in ProgramFilesDir.

For that you need to be in the Local Admin group.

Reg, Henno

@Elliot Kirk 

So I installed the stable release yesterday ... all great and looks good :)

However ... I pinned this to the taskbar and expected this work as normal, i.e. the window would open in that slot. BUT it opened a new window outside the pinned area - furthermore now the Beta build does the same which it did not do before I installed the stable release.
Is this just me or .... ?

@StoneT 

Hi,

Admittedly, I may not be exactly on the right or same wavelength with, but, I'll toss this at you, anyway, FWIW.  Let's say a site was pinned whilst you were using Dev. Now, you have Edge (non-beta) open. And you open the pinned item.  At a glance they look like the same browser, BUT, it has, actually, opened Dev, separately & on top of the Edge browser.  It has to be things that were pinned with (GA) Edge not, previously, using a beta Channel.

If I've misunderstood you, just ignore what I wrote.

Cheers,
Drew