A Curiosity Poll - Participation Welcomed!

Silver Contributor

I reckon a wee survey will be interesting & a bit of fun to see the results.  Maybe y'all will find it intriguing & enlightening. Keep the following in mind while answering:

>> NEW Edge is in early stages
>> Currently, NEW Edge is sans some Edge items. Allegedly, they are coming.

Poll:

A. I like NEW Edge
B. I do not like NEW edge
C. Will go from Edge to New Edge.
D. I am going to NEW Edge from ______ browser
E. I will stick with _______ browser

Respond with the letter(s) applicable to you.  For example, my answer would be A & C.  IF you pick D or E, please, also, state what OS would go in the blank.

I will try to keep a running tally (for y'all) over & after a few days.  That is, if, there is enough enthusiasm & participation

Personal sub-note... I like it, except, for ellipsis items going full page. :folded_hands:ing we stay with fly-out panels like Edge :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

29 Replies

@Drew1903 

A
D Slimjet

A and C   @Drew1903 

Updated my response...

@Drew1903 wrote:

I reckon a wee survey will be interesting & a bit of fun to see the results.  Maybe y'all will find it intriguing & enlightening. Keep the following in mind while answering:

>> NEW Edge is in early stages
>> Currently, NEW Edge is sans some Edge items. Allegedly, they are coming.

Poll:

A. I like NEW Edge
B. I do not like NEW edge
C. Will go from Edge to New Edge.
D. I am going to NEW Edge from ______ browser
E. I will stick with _______ browser

Respond with the letter(s) applicable to you.  For example, my answer would be A & C.  IF you pick D or E, please, also, state what OS would go in the blank.

I will try to keep a running tally (for y'all) over & after a few days.  That is, if, there is enough enthusiasm & participation

Personal sub-note... I like it, except, for ellipsis items going full page. :folded_hands:ing we stay with fly-out panels like Edge :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@Drew1903 

A- I like the new Edge.

As for me it seems Fast and very responsive to so far anything I try to do in it/with it...

C- Will go from Edge to New Edge.

Hoping that the final release is very customizable.  I am loving a lot of the "edge://flags" they are currently experimenting with and so far I only have 14 of them enabled.  What they allow us to choose in regards to what we want turned on/off and how many options they allow us to customize will determine just how great this browser will be.  And with that being said, I'd probably stay with whatever they give us (fully trusting MS Fan) as there are other browsers out there that folks can choose, though Chrome being one of them, would never be a choice I'd make......

anyway here's poll response A&C

Dennis5mile

It would be "A". I like the new Edge a lot. I have already switched from old Edge to Canary Edge. I had originally used IE as my default and solo browser since version 1.0 into switching to old Edge in 2016. New Edge (even though in the alpha/beta stages) will be my default browser. Canary Chrome will be my occasional secondary browser. I do not like or use Firefox or Opera.  I like that Microsoft (like Google Chrome and Firefox Nightly) allows us to use the beta versions to test new features and give input. Hopefully (like Google and Firefox) the Edge Canary, Development, and Beta versions will remain as usable options to continue to test future pre-updates/pre-changes after the stable release of new Edge.

I've recently side by side compared new Edge to Google Chrome Canary and Firefox Dev & Nightly, and even in it's early stages of development the new Edge is a superior browser in my opinion. 

@Dennis5mile 

I'd like to clarify something in regard to 'B'.  That is saying, "I use Edge now & will use NEW Edge".  In that scenario, I suggest, it is not the same as switching from some other browser to NEW Edge; those, still, exist & one will, always, have choice.  But, NEW Edge will replace Edge, thus, there will be no choice to NOT switch from 'old' to 'NEW' Edge.  And, after release, new Win10 installs & or machines will have NEW Edge & not Edge (available), as well, not both.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

A. I like NEW Edge

D. I am going to NEW Edge from Chrome browser

@Drew1903 

Point well made and well received..... Have updated my response to reflect more of what I was trying to say...

Dennis5mile
Drew, my response is:

A I like NEW Edge
D Have switched from Chrome on Win 10 1903

Regards
Eric

@Drew1903 

A - I like Edge Chromium, with reservations.

C - I will go from EdgeHTML to Edge Chromium for casual browsing in Windows 10, with a limited list of about two dozen favorites that I use daily.

E - I will stick with Firefox for work (some of which is in Windows and some of which is in Linux) and to maintain my full favorites/bookmarks list, until such time as Edge Chromium is ported to Linux.

@Drew1903 A- I like the new Edge.

C- Have gone from old Edge to New Edge.

@Drew1903 

A

C when/if the favicon gets fixed

A
D. Firefox -> New Edge

@Drew1903 

Like @HotCakeX  already said you on another post :

"This forum is not your personal blog to fill it with off topic, pointless and advertisement contents."

So please if you want to do that open a blog.

A & D.

I'm still a FireFox boy at heart in my personal life, but until NoScript has sorted out their ABE scripting, I can't use it with any ease. So I have zero love for chrome, but equally, I don't dislike it. If I had to choose a chromium browser for general home use, it's still Opera with new chrome NoScript.

[edit]

However, if they can get Netflix and Prime working 4K, Dolby Vision, Atmos, etc, in New Edge. Well. It'll suddenly get a lot more of my attention at home. For sure.
[/edit]

However ... At work?

New Edge ... no question. I want to find the issues now, so that I can ensure my SharePoint/O365/M365/Azure/etc/etc/etc stuff all works as it should, and hopefully get some of that IE functionality (Open in Explorer!) back. Even if that means the usual "Break It To Fix It" mentality that I love to use.

Happily schooled otherwise, as I say, no dog in the chromium ring, so happy to be pushed around it somewhat.

#FirstPost !!!!!! :trophy:

@Deleted wrote:

@Drew1903 

Like @HotCakeX  already said you on another post :

"This forum is not your personal blog to fill it with off topic, pointless and advertisement contents."

So please if you want to do that open a blog.

Wow! Really and you actually find posting something like this constructive? If you don't like it then don't reply to it, don't read it and MOVE ON!

Drew's post is actually very helpful to the team, as it helps give them a little bit of an understanding how folks feel at this present time with Edge and all their work so far.... And I'm sure the team can tell you even more reasons they might find this helpful.....

So YES there is a very GOOD point to this post... Just because you can not see the point in it, does NOT mean it does not have value...... Stop looking for reasons to attack folks...

Dennis5mile

@Dennis5mile no since he do it more and more, if i don't say someting, he will continue and flood this forum.

this has nothing to do here, so just ignoring is not possible.

It's up to him to stop not me to ignore!
And i do not get free speech it has nothing to do with the subject.

@Dennis5mile plus if it continues it will just render the work of people at Microsoft to read this forum more complicated (since it will be filled with hundreds of totally useless post