SOLVED

89.0.772.0 Canary Build Completely Break Download Behavior

Copper Contributor

I updated to Version 89.0.772.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit) and now downloading no longer works at all.  I have 'Ask me what to do with each download' enabled in Settings and now when I try to download a file a mini-dialog box opens in the address bar to ask me the Open/Save-As question.  The problem is that the mini-dialog locks up tight as a drum not allowing me to select anything.  Is there a setting to return to the previous behavior of doing all this in the status bar? Help!

8 Replies

@DLBergerAs of now, the latest version is 89.0.773.0. It should be fixed now.

@Kam - It does appear to correct the problem, but the toolbar icon is incorrect as someone else noted.

Thank you for correcting it so quickly.  Fast turnaround - the programmer's delight.

could you attach a screenshot of that icon that is incorrect?

btw just a quick note, Edge developers and Microsoft employees in general, that do all this, have a blue circle around their profile pictures and blue color on their profile page.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/community-policies/code-of-conduct/ta-p/1235728

Still completely broken in 89.0.773.0 for me. Dialog opens but all targets are dead.

@HotCakeX Photo 1 has the list of activities.  The Downloads icon is the arrow pointing down with a line under it.  Photo 2 has the "Downloads" icon on the toolbar - notice that it is the History icon NOT the Downloads icon.

@DLBerger 

can't do much here, developers receive feedback and data from users using the feedback button on Edge or the online form

https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/support

that's what they always say

@Mike Nichols I noticed the same this morning.  Perhaps yesterday I was just lucky.  Bummer.

best response confirmed by DLBerger (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@DLBerger Looks like 90.0.778.0 has corrected all the problems.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by DLBerger (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@DLBerger Looks like 90.0.778.0 has corrected all the problems.

View solution in original post