20 days with Edge Chromium

Brass Contributor

I've used the DEV-version as my only browser for the last 20 days, and it works like a charm, most of the times.

The only times I run into problems is on:

a) Youtube, I get these notifications saying that the program has crasched, but it doesn't quit or stop responding - and they do not occur every time either. 

b) Pages with forms like this. A few times I get the "The page isn't responding" box.

I really love the Dark Mode and especially that the active tab is the only one in black.

The only thing I miss from the old Edge is:

* Add the ability to preview tabs by hovering over them

* Add the "Set the tabs aside" and "Show all tabs set aside" functions

Also, you really need to make it more square-ish like the old Edge. This looks way to much like Chrome. 

5 Replies

@Northrol 

Thank you for sending these feature suggestions.  We appreciate and will consider all such requests.

I will make sure this is sent to the product team.

Gabriel

Thank you!
You're welcome!

@Northrol I agree with you about the rounded tabs needing to be more square. It wasn't until I installed Edge Dev on a Windows machine recently with a much better display I realised how odd it looked next to classic Edge.  The extra space between the top of tabs and the old fashioned Menu bar across the top of Edge Dev on macOS means the curved corners to the top of the tabs aren't so noticeable, but on Windows 10 it's horrid.