10 Long Overdue Features in Microsoft FORMS

Copper Contributor

I love MS Forms and have been using it for years, I also use Smartsheet, Survey Monkey, Monday.com and Google Forms, I am fairly aware with most commonly used features in basic FORM/POLLING tools.

1. Licensed users should have the ability to set default answers in choice questions, it's a basic feature available in many free form platforms.
  2. Date Questions should also include a time option, most business context today require data collection involving dates to also include time.
  3. Licensed users should have the ability to hide questions, meaning questions are still there but users can see it, this is normally used to collect same data for all entries.
  4. For Choice Questions where you have a long list of options and multiple options is set, there should be an option to set as drop down list vs seeing a long list down.
  5. Users from outside the organization should be able to submit files in File Upload Question
  6. I have deleted forms by mistake and lost everything, Forms should include Version History Recovery, a widely used feature across O365.
  7. Response Summary should have a date filter, some times, I don't want to open excel and create a pivot to see results only from Yesterday, Today, This Week, This Month or just a custom timeframe, we not always want to see all answers.
  8. Licensed users should have some type of flexibility to format spacing/lettering on question options, some times it's too long.
  9. Quizzes should also be available to connect live to excel online not only Forms, we need quizzes' data real time as much as we need forms'.
  10. When we copy/duplicate a form connected to excel online, any change that was done to the excel document is lost, things like calculated columns, formatting, etc., it would be awesome to also keep all work done in the excel online form with the duplication.

Thanks,

5 Replies
Hey there OP! I moved this out of the Edge forum into the Forms forum to make sure your feedback gets eyes on it from the right folks. Have a great day =)

Acknowledged, thanks a lot @Alexandra-R 

@OrlandoSantanaAny updates on #5?

Users from outside the organization should be able to submit files in File Upload Question

Nothing from MSFT yet

@agpare surprisingly enough..they keep making updates to MS forms and none of the 10 features i mentioned in the post have been even considered...they keep adding features less needed ane much more difficult to program..i just dont get it