所有网页内容,包括设置界面,输入框和文字都变得巨大,无法使用。 包括点击“笑脸”出现的反馈界面,也是一样的问题。 详情见图

其他网站其他网站新标签页新标签页

33 Replies

@SatoneRP 

补充图片。

supplementray pictures. 

newnewsettingsetting"smile""smile"

Hi,
can you please navigate to the language settings (if possible)
edge://settings/languages
and change it to English, temporarily?
just to confirm that this is a problem with Chinese language or not.

also which version of Windows 10 are you using? Thanks

@HotCakeX 

thanks for you reply.

I can't change the setting but I reinstall a English version, the problem still exists.(Figure 1&2)

And my win10 version is 1809 and 17763.775, I don't know which number you need, but you can see Figure 3.

I want to use the browser as soon, Thanks!

QQ截图20191005191150.pngQQ截图20191005191213.pngQQ截图20191005191403.png

@SatoneRP 

Thanks for the additional info,
can you try running the browser in compatibility mode?

Annotation 2019-10-05 160157.png

Is this the first time you are using the Edge insider browser? if not, since when this problem started happening?

also please try other channels like Dev and Canary and see they all have the same issue

https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/

@HotCakeX 

I try running in compatibility mode(windows 7 & windows 8) but the problem still exists.

yes, this is the first time you are using the Edge insider browser. This problem happened on my desktop and I installed the Edge insider browser in my laptop afternoon today, it worked fine. My laptop and desktop use the same Microsoft account, but desktop install the new windows10 updata in morning and laptop not.

the two computer use same exe file "MicrosoftEdgeSetupBeta.exe" to install, but the problem happened.

I try to install Edge insider Dev Channel and Canary Channel, the problem still exists.

sorry my English is bad, wish you can understand my words. if you need other information about my computer and need to test something, you can tell me by replying, don't be shy. Thanks!

It's okay,
so you're saying that After a Windows 10 update, the problem started happening on your desktop PC. is that right?

can you tell me which version of Windows 10 are you using in your laptop and your desktop PC?

you can get it if you press Windows button + R, type "winver" and press Enter.

@HotCakeX 

yes, my desktop PC windows 10 version is 版本 1809(OS内部版本17763.775),you can see the Figure1.

desktop PCdesktop PC

and I cant see the info on my laptop PC, it in my office but I am in home now. But when I leave my office and shut down my laptop PC , you know, the windows 10 auto updata is working....so I can only go to boot my laptop after 11 hours to check if the same problem has occurred.

I look the windows10 updata histort in my desktop PC, you can see the Figure2, the lastest one is KB4524148,  can I try to uninstall the updata and run Edge?

updata historyupdata history

Yes please try uninstalling the last KB update.

Also I see in your update history something with "1903" which refers to the next Windows 10 build. is there any pending system restarts?

by the way, You can check for your laptop details from your Microsoft account dashboard:
https://account.microsoft.com/devices/

Also try this: go to this settings page:
edge://settings/system
and turn off hardware acceleration.

if it doesn't load, do it in Safe Mode:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

@HotCakeX 

have no pending system restarts. and translate the chinese about version 1903 :

Feature Update for Windows 10 , Version 1903 (2)

Last failed installation attempt time 2019/8/29 - 0x80240034

and I check my laptop PC find the system version is 1903. give you the picture. 

laptop versionlaptop version

oh, i uninstall the last KB updata but not restarts. and when i open the setting and want to off the hardware acceleration, the situation is getting better, the word become not so big, but when I change the language and restart, the Edge window does not be opened. now I would like to restart and try running it. but the Canary Channel is still. please wait.

Even if after uninstalling the update it doesn't tell you to restart but you do it anyway just to make sure about it.

can you show me the picture where it says "please wait" ?

have you tried it in Safe Mode? I suspect it has something to do with graphic card (GPU) driver.

about that update, I'm not sure why Your Windows 10 tried (and failed) to install a KB update belonging to the build 1903 on build 1809 !

@HotCakeX 

thanks for your help , the browser can work now, but I can't sure the problem occur because of KB4524148, and I would like try to upgrade my desktop PC to 1903 later.

the problem still exists in Canary Channel on my desktop PC, hope Beta Channel not to relapse. 

really thank you for your help, wish you have a nice day!

last, can the browser add a function that one click translate web, like google chrome.  : )

If you want to find out what is causing the problem on my desktop, I will cooperate with you, but I should go to bed now. it is 23:16 in Beijing. 

thanks!

You're welcome!

Glad to know it is fixed,

yes it's better to upgrade to 1903 whenever you have time.

sorry, I couldn't understand this part: "can the browser add a function that one click web, like google chrome."

Have a good night!

@HotCakeX 

oh, sorry, "please wait" is I say to you, not browser said to me. sorry  I did not say clearly.

I  have not tried in Safe Mode, I can try it tomorrow.

about the update, I don't care too much about the specifics of each update, because it is automatically updated and restarted. Obviously I just discovered that the version of the system on the laptop PC and the desktop PC is different. And I would like to make both of them run in 1903.

and sorry I have to go to bed now, working happily, good night!

@HotCakeX 

one click to translate web is this, you can see a red box in the picture, if i click the blue button, the web will translate to Chinese(I set) (Figure 2). About translation quality, I believe Microsoft can do better than Google!

QQ图片20191005233103.png

2.png

It's okay don't worry :)

Yes it was a strange update,

in case the Windows update does not work when you decide to update to 1903 or 1909 (Soon will be released), here is the direct link. it's always new.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Good night

@SatoneRP 

Oh the translation,

if it does not work, you can turn it from here:

change the default to "enable"

edge://flags/

Annotation 2019-10-05 190848.png

我好像发现造成这个问题的原因了。是“Customize fonts”里“Minimum font size”的默认值似乎是"Tiny"。但是它好像没有正常工作,反而将字体变得巨大,我在Edge Canary Channel里艰难的找到了“Minimum font size”并拖动了一下后面的圆圈,浏览器就变得正常了。在这之前将"font size"更改为“Medium(Recommended)”,并没有作用。 或许你们需要检查一下“Minimum font size”的参数设置,谢谢!

I seem to find the cause of this problem. The default value of "Minimum font size" in "Customize fonts" seems to be "Tiny". But it doesn't seem to work properly, but it makes the fonts huge. I found the "Minimum font size" in the Edge Canary Channel and dragged the circle behind it, and the browser became normal. Changing "font size" to "Medium (Recommended)" before this has no effect.
Maybe you need to check the parameter settings of "Minimum font size", thank you!

edge://settings/appearance

@SatoneRP 

Hi,

here is the default values on Edge insider Canary

Annotation 2019-10-06 103608.png

Annotation 2019-10-06 103706.png

so if you set your appearance settings like that, the texts will become Huge instead?