What is the difference between onedrive for business and onedrive pesonal

Copper Contributor

I'm currently working on a project using Microsoft Graph API. What is the difference between Personal OneDrive and OneDrive for Business?. I notice that PowerPoint online on Personal account can open a 0 byte .PPTX file uploaded using Graph API, while Business can't. What is the reason behind this problem? or can anyone help me to find Document about this issue. Thank you very much.

2 Replies
Not sure how are you using the Graph with Personal OneDrive because I believe it's not possible to do that. In regards of your question:
1) OneDrive For Business is part of Officve 365. Consumer OneDrive is not.
2) OneDrive For Business is totally based on SharePoint Online. Consumer OneDrive is not
3) OneDrive For Business requires the user has a valid license in order to use it. Consumer OneDrive does not require a license (is free up to 5 GB of Storage)

@Juan Carlos González Martín 

I mean the technical parts behind it. What  makes it different between two versions so Powerpoint Online on personal account can open an empty slideshow file (0 byte, made when you create PPTX file from  Windows context menu), while Business can't? Does Microsoft has any reference on this issue?