SOLVED

Set-CsTeamsInteropPolicy command not available

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I was trying to create a policy for skype for business and Teams interoperability and came to know that the command Set-CsTeamsInteropPolicy is not available. However, I am able to find "get-csTeamsInteropPolicy " command and its result. Here is the result of get command:

PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-CsTeamsInteropPolicy

Identity                   : Global

AllowEndUserClientOverride : False

CallingDefaultClient       : Default

ChatDefaultClient          : Default

Identity                   : Tag:DisallowOverrideCallingDefaultChatDefault

Identity                   : Tag:DisallowOverrideCallingTeamsChatTeams

CallingDefaultClient       : Teams

ChatDefaultClient          : Teams

Identity                   : Tag:DisallowOverrideCallingSfbChatTeams

CallingDefaultClient       : Sfb

Identity                   : Tag:AllowOverrideCallingDefaultChatTeams

AllowEndUserClientOverride : True

Identity                   : Tag:DisallowOverrideCallingDefaultChatTeams

Identity                   : Tag:AllowOverrideCallingDefaultChatDefault

AllowEndUserClientOverride : True

Identity                   : Tag:DisallowOverrideCallingSfbChatSfb

CallingDefaultClient       : Sfb

ChatDefaultClient          : Sfb

5 Replies

I have the same issue no Set-CSTeamsInteropPolicy I only have

Function        Get-CsTeamsInteropPolicy                           1.0        tmp_bx33ebmw.ha5                                                                                                                                                           
Function        Grant-CsTeamsInteropPolicy                         1.0        tmp_bx33ebmw.ha5                                                                                                                                                           
Function        Remove-CsTeamsInteropPolicy                        1.0        tmp_bx33ebmw.ha5                                                                                                                                                           

best response confirmed by Pankaj Kumar (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi Pankaj,

The cmdlet Set-CsTeamsInteropPolicy has never existed. Previously, if you wanted to create a new custom Teams Interop policy you would have to use the New-CsTeamsInteropPolicy. But now also the New-CsTeamsInteropPolicy cmdlet has been deprecated and it is not possible to create custom Teams Interop Policies anymore. Additionally, Microsoft is in the process of retiring TeamsInteropPolicy and you need to use the pre-canned instances moving forward:

• DisallowOverrideCallingDefaultChatDefault
• DisallowOverrideCallingSfbChatSfb
• DisallowOverrideCallingTeamsChatTeams

In relation to this subject, let me quote here the answer I got from Microsoft when I asked a similar question about custom Teams Interop policies:

"There is no need to create a new instance of TeamsInteropPolicy. All the necessary instances are already created. Also, we are retiring TeamsInteropPolicy and at this point only 3 instances of TeamsInteropPolicy are supported to be granted.

Going forward TeamsUpgradePolicy replaces TeamsInteropPolicy. During the transition, customers should set both InteropPolicy and UpgradePolicy."

You can see these answers I got, at the comments and questions section at the very end of this article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/configuring-teams-calling-quickstartguide 

I just wanted to let everyone know that the product team in this area issued guidance for teams interop with skype for business. You can find it here: Migration and interoperability guidance for organizations using Teams together with Skype for Busine....

Hi All,

The PM, BJ Whalen, just provided new guidance and the Cs-TeamsInteropPolicy is being replaced with CsTeamsUpgrade.. here is the guidance: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/migration-interop-guidance-for-teams-with-skype. 

I found this link very informative for interoperability.

★★★★★

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Pankaj Kumar (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi Pankaj,

The cmdlet Set-CsTeamsInteropPolicy has never existed. Previously, if you wanted to create a new custom Teams Interop policy you would have to use the New-CsTeamsInteropPolicy. But now also the New-CsTeamsInteropPolicy cmdlet has been deprecated and it is not possible to create custom Teams Interop Policies anymore. Additionally, Microsoft is in the process of retiring TeamsInteropPolicy and you need to use the pre-canned instances moving forward:

In relation to this subject, let me quote here the answer I got from Microsoft when I asked a similar question about custom Teams Interop policies:

"There is no need to create a new instance of TeamsInteropPolicy. All the necessary instances are already created. Also, we are retiring TeamsInteropPolicy and at this point only 3 instances of TeamsInteropPolicy are supported to be granted.

Going forward TeamsUpgradePolicy replaces TeamsInteropPolicy. During the transition, customers should set both InteropPolicy and UpgradePolicy."

You can see these answers I got, at the comments and questions section at the very end of this article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/configuring-teams-calling-quickstartguide 

View solution in original post